Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lenanen

Wishing 'Charisma'tic Christmas to everyone!

lenanen
11 years ago

This has been a very wonderful year and I want to thank you all for the encouragement, help and cheer you have given me.
Wishing a Very Merry and 'Charisma'tic Christmas to all of you out there!

{{gwi:444610}}

Also blossoming at the moment -
'Amorice'
{{gwi:444612}}

and soon to open, my first ever H. papilio!!
{{gwi:444614}}

Comments (14)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas Lena!!
    K

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too Leena!!

Donna

• jstropic (10a)
    11 years ago

Beautiful photos Lena! and a Merry Christmas to you too.

-J

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kristi, Donna, J, thank you!! :D

Today it happened, H. papilio opened it's flowers, both of them. It is truly unique in every way.

{{gwi:444616}}

The flowers aren't that big but the shape and coloring are fascinating. The size might still improve in years to come. - Collected pollen from it already but won't have high hopes of success... Going to give it a go though, for sure! :D

• haxuan
    11 years ago

Merry Christmas...from Vietnam.

Xuan

• bluebonsai101
    11 years ago

What wonderful pics of some beautiful blooms to bring some warmth to a cold zone 3 in Finland!! Merry Christmas Eve :o) Dan

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Xuan, Dan, thank you so much!
    Yes, these flowers give so much joy, and specially now when there's a lot of snow and it's freezing outside.

Am I just imagining or does my papilio have more prominent whitish marks in the middle than usual? Is this 'Papilio Improved'? If it is, is it a good thing or a bad thing? I believe it's bad; how can you improve anything so special as a species.

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Happy Holidays Lena!

Cheers, Blanca

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Blanca thank you so much!

As Dan stated above, the hippeastrums warm the heart with their vibrant colors and it's really appreciated at the moment when colors are otherwise missing from the world. Just now it is black and gray with shades of brown against the whiteness of snow.

Here are a couple of photos taken in our yard this Christmas Day morning -

{{gwi:444618}}

{{gwi:444620}}

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

Lena, it sure LOOKS like Christmas at your home. It's going to be 75*F and rainy here in Spring, TX.
    Merry Christmas
    Kristi

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kristi and thanks! :D
    In a couple of days it might turn into rain over here too. In that case with all this snow melting we might need a boat instead of a car...

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

We've lucked out so far this year, we are near enough to the coast so that we usually get rain just a little bit warmer..thank goodness! Lovely to enjoy the snow in someone else's yard!! Very pretty! I hope you feed the birds!!

Donna

• jstropic (10a)
    11 years ago

Lena,

Those are amazing photos! What a background to set the colors of the hippeastrum against - must make their colors even more striking.

Thanks for sharing - I love that we are all from so many different places and through this wonderful forum can share with each other. -J

• lenanen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Donna, J, hi and thanks! :D

Well, the snow is melting right now and the roads are very slippery at the moment...

J, thanks! I've needed to find a way to photograph inside the house during these winter months. My favourite spot would be in one of the upstairs rooms but it's not available at the moment, it's under construction so to speak, for how long no one knows, not even hubby...
    The plants are simply placed against a white wall, but the light has to be good, otherwise it won't work, at least not for me.

Sponsored
More Discussions