Evergreen & Lady jane

Posted by jan1_2007 10 SW Florida (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 2, 09 at 15:39

Evergreen buds are slightly damaged.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Evergreen & Lady jane

Lady Jane is beautiful! Evergreen does seem to have a bit of tip burn,, but otherwise looks good. Is that a Hoya in the background?

Will post image of my Evergreen when it blooms. Don't have Lady Jane, did at one time but sure don't recall it be this color. Might get it again, some day. I have a couple of extra bulbs of Promise I can use to trade with is anyone has an extra LJ bulb and is interested in a trade. Promise is "baby crazy". So are some of my seedlings!

Rebecca

o

Looks like poor little Evergreen got bumped. Lady Jane sure is a looker. Is that your amazing Hoya in the background? Alana

o

Great Pic. Jan! 'Lady Jane' is on my want list, its a great double.

o

Thanks!
Rebecca, Alana, yes that is hoya in the back ground.
Primeribs, I think she is a beauty.
Here are some eye candies.
Hoya australis "Rupicola" perfumy fragrance.
oramicola
Hoya DS 70, smells like butter.
Ds70
Hoya heuskeliana. smells light butter.
heuchkeliana

o

Lady Jane is really looking gorgeous. What a colour...! A stunner, sure to be always noticed.

Evergreen is very special. It is very delicate and elegant-looking.

Well done! Enjoy those beauties!

~Lourdes~

o

Jan, Beautiful photography for beautiful amaryllis! I need to brush up on my photography how to. Lady Jane is a really beautiful in person. Love your hoyas too!!!Can't wait to get blooms on mine!

Theresa

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 2, 09 at 17:41

Lovely Lady Jane! I hope Evergreen will open the rest of her buds nicely... in any event, she'll look very nice next bloom season!

I love the Hoyas... especially Rupicola! It'll be a long time before mine are ready to bloom... they're rather small yet.

Thanks for sharing, Jan! Great photos!

o

Jan, how come you got Amaryllis blooms and not me??? I just have my Miss Ethel...she is sporting 2 more scapes too..yay. But none of my other Amaryllis are even teasing at starting to bloom. I keep blaming the heat we still have this year and looooong, unending summer weather. Are you that much cooler over in the Cape?? LOL
That's ok, you will be drooling over my blooms long after yours have gone...hee hee Hey, it wasn't that long ago you weren't owning but just a couple old amaryllis....what a difference a year makes!!!

o

Evergreen is taking forever to bloom, it doesn't even look like it's growing. I love your hoyas, they are one of my main addictions. I'll be dragging them in when I get home tonight. They keep lowering our forecasted temp.
LJ is beautiful, mine bloomed twice last year, once after purchase and then once in the garden later in the spring, that was a very nice surprise out there.
Tally HO!

o

Thanks all!
Cindee, I sure will drool over your amaryllis. Only been a year??? Gee. I wonder how I got the CHAD so badly.
Jan

o

OOh, that Lady Jane...beautiful picture Jan! I can never get tired of her. I'm just waiting for the day when she will be just as common as the main 3 and find her sitting in a box in every hardware store across the nation. :D:D

o

Few more opened.
Photobucket

o

Sat, Dec 5, 09 at 6:33

You gotta love that color... what an awesome green! I do like this variety... but I'm partial to green!

o

I just got this one in trade 3 weeks ago. I think it'll be a lot prettier next season. It's been dreary raining for last 3 days, not used to seeing this kind of weather in December but it could be worse.
I went out put away some water lugged hippies to a drier location. : (

Jan

o

Sat, Dec 5, 09 at 11:31

Yes, it could be worse... you could be freezing your petutie off like I am! :-)

I awoke this morning to a very thick layer of crunchy frost on the grass, and even though the sun is shining, it's pretty cold out there! Even the dog did her business quickly and came running for the door!

I hate winter... and if it weren't for hippeastrums, I don't know how I'd survive!

o

Jan,

I have to have one of the Hoya australis "Rupicola" to go with my small collection of Hoya varieties (3 different, one red and 2 pink, one of which is the variegated form. I've had one of the for more than 30 years! And the other two for 25! Very hardy, rugged plants. I envy your blooms - mine are resting here in the north and will start to bloom in March or April.

One new hippie is about 1/4 to 1/2 the way open, not who it is supposed to be though. Makes me most unhappy too. Will post it's pix when fully open.

Rebecca

o

Wow! Rebbeca, 30 years old??? must be hugeeee!!!
Rupicola is very compact growing hoya.
Here is a better pic of fully opened Evergreen.
evergreen

o

Wed, Dec 9, 09 at 3:07

Now, that looks nice, Jan! It's such an awesome color, and with that shape... it's just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

o

Thanks Jodi, looks a lot better then before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here