Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnsonm08

I know its not 'Evergreen'..........

johnsonm08
11 years ago

It starts again-----
It was supposed to be Evergreen, the pic says it all.
The flower is only about 3" across.
The closest I could find on Emaryllis was Zombie, but it doesnt hang down and the color isnt quite the same.
Mike

Comments (14)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Mike,

It could be Joker and then again it could be Siren. I have a Siren and I loved mine, it had 5 or 6 flowers per scape and I think I remember it having a fragrance. It didn't bloom last year...
    Here is my Zombie, it's second blooming and I know some of you are going to say that's Lady Jane, but believe me it isn't. It only put out 2 flowers the second year and they were huge!

{{gwi:447380}}

and here is Siren which it may well be or it might be Joker. My Joker has never bloomed..but it could be as it's similar to Siren..

{{gwi:447381}}

{{gwi:447382}}

Look up Joker and see what you think. Either way it's very pretty. And if it's got a slight fragrance it's probably Siren. Just my opinion of course...

Donna

This post was edited by dondeldux on Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 16:42

11 years ago

Now that I looked at your picture again my money goes for Siren..!! I know you wanted Evergreen, but Siren is a beauty so you got yourself a really good mislabel!!
    Where did you get it?

Donna

• johnsonm08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Donna --it does look like Siren how big were the flowers on yours? I guess i was looking at "mini" flower varieties. No fragrance yet.
    I got it at a local nursery, but the label was well attached....

11 years ago

Mike, I had to do a search as I thought I had posted her pictures when she first bloomed the year before last and I finally found it and I had said at the time that the blooms were 4 & 7/8 inches. How's that for a measurement. Perhaps you bulb is stressed. Mine also had 5 or 6 flowers on the first stalk. The only other choice would be Joker but I do think it's a dead ringer for Siren. The fragrance comes later on some of these, after the flowers have been out for a few days...

Donna

This post was edited by dondeldux on Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 20:09

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

Donna, your bloom doesn't look like the mini double Zombie from Hadeco. I though they were called Zombie because it droops it's head. Zombie is known for multiple blooms on 1 scape; mine usually have 4-6. It's a soft pink/orange and white. Lade Jane on the other hand is known for huge blooms and is more orange...more vibrant color. I have a couple Lady Janes and the look exactly like your bloom... My zombies look very different / much smaller blooms.
    K

11 years ago

No, I know they do look alike but I guarantee that that is the same Zombie bulb the second year. The first year she drooped like expected and the next year she looked like this! If I remember correctly Alana also had some great looking blooms on her Zombie..Alana where are you??

Here is Zombie the first year and I wasn't pleased at all..

{{gwi:447383}}

{{gwi:447384}}
    {{gwi:447385}}
    and the second year..

{{gwi:447386}}

and Lady Jane..I do agree that they look similar but.....

{{gwi:447388}}

and a different Lady Jane another year... {{gwi:447390}}From MORE FORUM PICTURES 2012

I know they are VERY similar. I'm going to see if I can find Alana's pictures of Zombie..

Donna

11 years ago

Here is one of Alana's links to her Zombie There are a few other pictures of Zombies in the archives..Josh posted one too but I can only fit one link in the box.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alana's Zombie

11 years ago

With comparison photos, you're right... Definitely different!! Lighting makes the difference too. My Zombie photos are posted on the forum as I have both hybrids. Sorry to be a doubter...but when you said the blooms were huge it didn't jibe with what I know about Zombie.

K

11 years ago

If they weren't my bulbs, I'd be doubting too! Unfortunately, I didn't measure my superior Zombie flowers, they probably were still smaller than Lady Jane..

11 years ago

Hehehe....super Zombies!! Scary!
    :-)

• edubose98
    11 years ago

Here is my Joker that is blooming right now and that appears to be what you have.

11 years ago

Mike, where did you get your "not an Evergreen"?
    K

11 years ago

Please check and see if your Joker has any fragrance..wait a few days after the flower is out fully. I'm still wondering if perhaps Joker & Siren aren't the same??

• johnsonm08
    Original Author
    11 years ago

K-I got it locally, I'm not sure who the grower was.
    I think E.com implies that they are the same...I like the name Siren better so I think i will label it that way.
    Thanks
    Mike

Sponsored
More Discussions