Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lima x Pink Diamond & aulicum

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 16:25

Hi,

Maybe it's a bit to soon to be certain but it appears that I have a Lima x Pink Diamond (of all things!!) and a Lima x aulicum (Telos). I think the combination of Lima x Pink Diamond might produce some awesome flowers don't you think? I have another 4 Lima flowers about to bloom so I think I will try one more Pink Diamond just to be sure and If I end up with both of them I will have plenty to give away.

Curiously, I have been putting both Telos's and Komoriya's aulicum on both Chico and Lima and nothing took on a well rooted Chico this time and only the Telos aulicm took on the Lima. Stay tuned.....Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lima x Pink Diamond & aulicum

Pink Limas sound delicious!!
;-)
K

o

Those pink Limas are getting closer!!

and Lima x aulicum (Telos) seems to be doing fine also!

o

Hi Donna,

I'm so excited for you!! I agree, they both sound like a wonderful cross in the making. If you happen to have a spare seed or two, I would very much like to grow your progeny on and add it to my nut house.

Warm Regards,
Fred

o

It would be my pleasure to send you some seeds!!

o

Good luck and may your dreams come true Donna. :-)

I likewise have several seepod that I am closely watching here. Wishing us all a great 2014 full of blessings!!!

o

Hi Donna,

Thank you very much!!! I wish you and your family a Healthy and Happy New Year!!!

Warm Regards,
Fred

o

Coming along nicely and I did a second cross of these two on the second scape plus Exotic Star and Exotica but it is way too early to tell if they have taken.

o

Well, my seedpods opened finally! The Lima x Pink Diamond only gave a few seeds. I am soaking them now but they still haven't germinated. My Lima x aulicum opened yesterday and I have about 25 to 30 good seeds. Some of the fully formed seed don't have any palpable embryo in them so I may have about 5 less. I will start the soaking process for these tomorrow.

On my second scape of Lima I have another x Pink Diamond and this pod is much smaller and more fragile looking than the first so I wouldn't be surprised if I only ended up with about 5 seeds at best. The other pod Lima x Exotica aborted.

Donna

o

Wohooo! Go Pink Limas!

o

Woohoo! Good luck! :D

o

Best of luck Donna! Great combos, both!

o

Donna,
I hope some express the fall-blooming habit of aulicum. What a nice way that would be to extend your hippie season.
Bill

o

I can't wait to see the flowers from these. it sounds like you got some winners on the way!

Louana

o

Thanks Everyone but I'm getting a little worried as the Lima x Pink Diamond still haven't germinated! I know it hasn't been all that long and I must have patience but I really had high hopes for this cross.

I just put the Lima x aulicum in water today...

Donna

This post was edited by dondeldux on Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 21:46

o

Well, the good news is the Lima x aulicum have already started to sprout while the Lima x Pink Diamond haven't done a thing not even one! I think it was a bad cross after all.

Donna

o

You could always put them in a pot of dirt in case one of them is still viable and just needs a bit more time?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here