Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplant

Sale Amaryllis Houston area

beachplant
13 years ago

Houston Garden Center has their hippis for 80% off. They have the usual 4 boxed ones, Red Lion, Apple blossom, Minerva & a white I forget the name of now $2.60.

Planted white, red, striped were $12.99 now $2.60. (I bought 3 that had buds)

Hadeco, were $24.99 now $5.00 Alfresco, Wedding Dance, Ragtime, Merry Christmas(I think), Candy Floss, white & red striped, seems like there were 1 or 2 more. Planted in 1 gallon pots. (12 most with new buds)

GIANT bulbs of Minerva, Red Lion & Apple Blossom, were $19.99 now $4.00. Most of these had lost their tags & only a couple were blooming, the rest have yet to bloom.

(10 all with multiple buds)

My little car was stuffed with bulbs and pots of amaryllis so I just bought fewer groceries. :)

Happy New Year!

Tally Ho!

Comments (8)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    13 years ago

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Thanks you CHAD enabler!!
    :-)
    K

• jardineratx
    13 years ago

Tally, I picked up 6 amaryllis bulbs yesterday. All of them were unlabeled, but have huge bloom stalks. What a deal!!!

• beachplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I had to go to the pet store so picked up 6 more of the giant bulbs, 2 boxed White Christmas, one Ragtime and 4 of the smaller potted amaryllis. I want to fill a big pot on the back deck with ragtime and one bed in the front with the giant bulbs. It was just too good of a deal. It doesn't look like they sold many. I opened a couple of the boxes and all the bulbs were decent size, healthy and none had bloomed yet. Sale through the 9th.
    Tally HO!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Tally, all we have here in San Antonio, is Lowes, you are so lucky. I will be going to Galveston the end of February. My husband goes every year for IFSAC meetings. Since I am retired, this will be my first time going to Galveston. Would you be able to recommend any good nurseries, or gardens that I can go to. We will be there from Feb 26, thru March 3rd. Barbra

• Noni Morrison
    13 years ago

Dang, we have no amaryllis avaiable on the island. I wish there a venue where I could sell them ready to bloom in the winter, LOL. My roadside stand would not do at the 22-33 degree temperatures F it has been outside all this past week! Our grocery did have some in pots but they are all one variety, a dark red. I am just going to have to order some at full price.

I solved the freezing greenhouse problem by realizing that I could use the propane heater in addition to the electric when the temp is this low. It has taken most of a 5 gallon canister of propane for the past 5 nights, but kept the temp up from 46-72 at night with the thermostat for the electric set at 80 and the propane on low. Not too efficient but the temp is set to rise over nighttime freezing in a day or two. IN the meantime, my budded amaryllis have LOVED the heat!

• beachplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Barb, drop me a line and we'll tour the island. No nurseries on the island but one, it's OK, good selection usually but very high prices.
    On the mainland tons of places and they should start getting in plants soon. Maas, Josephs, Sunland, Somewhere in Time....
    Tally HO!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Tally, I'll bring you some of the plants from my yard when I come down. By then plants should be coming back from the roots. Do you have a Moy Grande, or Lord Baltimore? Barbra

• beachplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Neither!
    Tally HO!

Sponsored
More Discussions