Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

imagine my surprise...

Hi Guys,

Well Imagine my surprise when I was surfing and I came across this picture of MINE..on a DUTCH site..now that in of itself might be considered flattering that they liked my picture sooo much that they used it on their website..but, they put THEIR MONIKER on My PICTURE!!! I can live with an Ebay theft or two (which is the case). but this is very annoying. So take a look in the link provided of my picture with their Logo!! My flower, my deck, my Osage Orange tree through the window I haven't had time to look through their complete website..but I just wanted to share this with you guys and listen to any advice you may have.

Here is my picture:

When I preview this my picture won't show..if not, I'll post it in another post..Thanks for looking....

Here is a link that might be useful: STOLEN GERVASE ON DUTCH WEBSITE

Comments (16)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm going to try this again..I don't know what I am doing wrong..

My Gervase:

{{gwi:448952}}

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

I'm pissed.

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

I want you to know I wrote them an e-mail...

• allstarsgymnast7
    12 years ago

W.O.W.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Seriously? A "professional" site? HA!

Original Author
    12 years ago

Josh, I hope you as for a couple of free bulbs for my "professional pictures" Lets see, I'd take Fluddermaus,and a Daphne..haha...If I could send them the same picture with my name of it, then I wouldn't really mind..hubby says I should be flattered...that out of all the pitures of Gervase on the web, they choose mine....I dunno...

• jstropic (10a)
    12 years ago

Well you can be flattered that they chose yours to steal LOL
    Seriously, they should have given you credit - at the very least. We'll know more when they respond to Josh's email whether it was a company decision or just the website designer. I'm hoping the company does the right thing.

On another note - great picture!

Original Author
    12 years ago

I guess they got the message..they changed the picture!

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

Did you send them a message or was it only myself? They never wrote me back but I gave them a piece of my mind!!!!

It just makes me so angry when these companies choose to steal others' pictures when they have the money to pay for them via places like Vision! Why would you burn the people that keep your business from crumbling? (not that we buy from them, I think they're cut flowers?)

I'm glad they changed it! Donna, you can't help your pictures are that good, huh?

Josh

Original Author
    12 years ago

No Josh, It was only the letter from you that did it.;-)

Picasa has a great little workshop where you can add text and the copyright symbol and just about anything else you could think of. I have been retrofitting a few of my pictures..but will mostly just use it on new pictures..very simple and easy..I just never thought it was necessary before but, apparently it is..I'm certainly not going to stop posting pictures and I sincerely hope the rest of you won't either.. ;-)Thanks,

Donna

• johnsonm08
    12 years ago

Photo Bucket is easy too, just use the "add text" in the editing section.
    Mike

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

I just added my siggy to mine with Flickr!

{{gwi:448954}}

Original Author
    12 years ago

Keep practicing..and don't forget the date..but see how easy it is!! I'm wondering...when writing the name of the bulb, it it "name" or 'name' around the name..which is correct? I do know that with registered rhododendrons the single' ' is the norm and for non registered plants " " is the norm .Would it be the same for hippies and would it matter, I suppose we could always leave it off. Now you just put your last initial..I'm wondering if I should be doing the same...Here is what I've come up with so far...

{{gwi:448955}}

{{gwi:448956}}

Do you think this is too much information?

Donna

• mariava7
    12 years ago

How about this???

{{gwi:448957}}

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Donna,

I'm only writing something to deter people from using my pictures but I think more information would be nice! I think yours are good for record keeping too, I might put the date on mine.

Maria,

Your 'Cappuccino' is fabulous, mine is so very close to blooming, the buds are popping out!

Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, we ARE all an ingenious bunch aren't we?!? ;-) But, if we bother to put our name on a photo, shouldn't we put the flower's name also? I like to know what I'm looking at. I know,.. it's just a matter of choice, but I'm not always sure what I'm looking at!!

• blancawing
    12 years ago

Dear All,

Some time ago, a GW member posted a great demonstration of how easily names and other markings can be removed by those who wish to do so. I do not mean to rehash the past or to rile people up. If I do, I apologize in advance. However, beyond the aforementioned ease of removal, GW's terms and conditions are the reason that I stopped posting on this site and why I never post links to my albums. I sincerely wish that this problem could be resolved. I love to see all of your photos and I want to share mine too.

Best,

Blanca

P.S. All of the photos posted on this thread are beautiful!

Sponsored
More Discussions