Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daes80us

How much I love you; Amaryllis.

daes80us
11 years ago

So I really am just having an amazing experience with amaryllis. My obsession started a few years ago when I bought my first bulb. At that time I didn't know much about amaryllis/Hippeastrum, except that when it bloomed its flowers were so breathtaking, I instantly feel in love. Wanting to know all about this bulb I turned to the Internet and was quite displeased to read that to get your bulb to bloom again was something that was not so easy, but I thought, what the hell lets give it a try. I placed the pot and all in my closet and low and behold it bloomed! I thought to myself either I'm an an amazing Gardner or this is not so hard? Well each year I fear what if they don't bloom again and each year I end up with beautiful flower scapes, and each year I buy a couple more bulbs. So this year I tried to pollinate two flowers and produced seeds. So now I'm excited to see if I can get some new plants to grow from seed. And today I noticed my very first offset!! So I have come to the conclusion that the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum bulb is a very easy plant to care for and grow and reap amazing benefits each year with beautiful flowers! I have not tried not forcing my plants to bloom so next year I think I'll keep one or two out and just see how they bloom on their own? If anyone has any advice about not forcing or anything else about these amazing plants feel free to comment !

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions