Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Blooms last night - photos

Here are a few photos from last night. No IDs...let the photo thiefs guess!! (hahahaha) I can't believe GW has the policy that anything we post is THEIRS...I do believe Blanca that this was posted, just can't believe that us posting here opens up the floodgates to thievery! UGH!

K
{{gwi:370934}}

{{gwi:449773}}

{{gwi:379364}}

{{gwi:449774}}

{{gwi:449775}}

{{gwi:449776}}

and a non-Hippi...11 blooms are open tonight. The back porch will be full of perfume in just a few days!

{{gwi:449777}}

{{gwi:449778}}

Comments (15)

• kayjones
    13 years ago

Very beautiful - all of them!

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Well, now you're just being a stinker not telling us what they all are... I recognize Tosca (I think) (or is it Showmaster)? it's gorgeous! They're all gorgeous..?

• haxuan
    13 years ago

Very beautiful blooms.

Thanks for sharing.

Xuan

• beachplant
    13 years ago

Thanks for the pics and the warning. I won't be posting pics on here ever again. That's the stupidest thing I've heard of today.
    BAH!
    Tally HO!

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Kristi,

I love how your flowers have so many ruffles, and your Cerise Beauty is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I really like that one ;) *too bad the thieves will have to guess which I'm speaking of!*

• sun_worshiper
    13 years ago

Nice pictures! I don't recall seeing that in the fine print - can you point me at where that fine print lives, I think I need a refresher on what rights GW claims to photos posted. Seeing as how they don't even host the photos, that seems pretty unreasonable.

• Noni Morrison
    13 years ago

Thanks for the photos of such pretty blooms! And I Agree about the ruffles on the cerise beauty!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sun Worshiper...see Blanca's posts on the thread started by Mariava about her photos being stolen for use on EBay...it has several of the ownership/use policies including the one from Gw.
    Kristi

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Should we write GW about this? I don't want anyone to stop sharing, I love the pictures, its a HUGE reason that many of us come!

• organicstarbuck
    13 years ago

All of them are incredible beautiful!
    I do have a question for you though about the non-hippi with the huge blooms that looks like an orchid. What is its name, I have never seen anything like it....its gorgeous and would love to try my hand at it.
    Thanks....

• blancawing
    13 years ago

Dear all,

I am wondering if there might be a solution to the GW issue. The TOS specifically mention "public areas."

Could we create a "private area" for this forum where we could post our photos and still have our rights protected?

I am crazy busy, but it would be great if someone could follow up with GW on this.

Please see section 7. Rights in Content using the provided link.

Cheers to all,

Blanca

Here is a link that might be useful: TOS

• ajsblu_eyes
    13 years ago

Kristi, I love your pictures! I want to play the name game but don't want to give fodder for those without morals.

Blanca, I like your idea this would provide everyone a level of comfort that is currently not being felt.

AJ

• ryan820
    13 years ago

Amazing photos, Kristi and thank you so much for posting them! I LOVE the catt orchid!!! WOW! What a beauty!

As for posting pics, its insane to say our pics are theirs once posted. Bug off, GW, if you think you can get away with that. I personally won't be posting any more of my work here.

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I don't think anyone I know on the forum would steal my photos, but if I don't name them here or in my album, then I'm not contributing. If some hippi pals want to email to ask, I'll be glad to tell them. If I don't know you, you may not get an answer!! Emaryllis is a great source! (all his photos are copyrighted by the way!).
    Kristi

• sun_worshiper
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting the TOS and bringing it to our attention. Obviously I didn't read the fine print when I signed up. In my opinion, it is an unreasonable policy. I too will only be posting crummy quality photos I don't care about in future...what a shame. Just seems greedy for iVillage to claim rights to all of our photos.

Sponsored
More Discussions