Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
e36yellowm3

A bunch of Zombies - and some other pics

e36yellowm3
14 years ago

Hi - hope everyone had a great holiday and is enjoying the weekend! I just love this picture of a bunch of Zombies (had to post it LARGE for the full effect!)
{{gwi:434669}}From 09 / 10 hippi season

My new favorite, Exotica:

{{gwi:450226}}From 09 / 10 hippi season

and Exotic star:

{{gwi:450227}}From 09 / 10 hippi season

Alana

Comments (15)

• phoenixryan
    14 years ago

Wow! Love the Zombies! That's quite an impressive display you've got there. Exotic Star is quickly becoming one of my favorites, with it's stripes AND speckles. Just so striking.

I received the Firecracker bulbs today, thank you so much!! Can't wait to get them potted up.

Phoenix Ryan

• ryan820
    14 years ago

Holy (&*^&^%$#!!!!! Phew....nearly fainted with those zombies!

Alana they're amazing! Thats quite a display you have. Mmmm zombie...

I got my Firecrackers today, too! They went into the fridge for controlled blooming :o)

The Other Ryan

• rebecca47
    14 years ago

I was quite impressed with my 'Zombie' when it was blooming and it should be even better next year after having time to re-establish itself. I'll have to pot it on come spring so it can make lots of nice roots and really develop it's bulb.

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    14 years ago

Alana, so gorgeous and impressive!!
    Exotica and Exotic star are on my want list.
    Great photos!

Jan

• e36yellowm3
    Original Author
    14 years ago

D and P Ryan, glad you got your firecrackers for New Year's ;-) We'll see how impressive the display is.
    Jan, thanks! I was actually kinda happy with these photos. I've been taking pointers from you pros on the forum I guess. I loved how you captured Gervase.
    Rebecca, I wonder how much bigger the bulbs would actually get. Though they looked pretty small upon receipt this year, they put up two scapes each with all those blooms... from just those tiny bulbs. Amazing.
    Alana

• Noni Morrison
    14 years ago

Love the Zombie pic! How amazing they are en mass! I too have Exotica and Exotic Star blooming...beautiful flowers, both of them. And I have my first successful Ruby Meyer blooming and love her deep color!

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    14 years ago

Just love your Zombies!! How many bulbs did you have? I have one small bulb but am looking forward to it's bloom seeing your gorgeous display and a few other Zombie photos on this forum! Can't wait!

• clancy1985
    14 years ago

WOW! Total impact with your Zombies, Alana - that looks amazing!

• frank27603
    14 years ago

Yowza Alana! Those Zombie's are in full effect and that picture is AMAZING!!! One of my Zombie's turned out to be something else, but I never got a photo of it...shame on me. It was a double almost like a picotee but double. It was most delicate and beautiful.

Love the Exotica too, but Exotic Star is my favorite bloom of all time. There, I said it. For a long time it had been "one" of my favorites, but now I think it has surpassed the others. The colors, the lines and the dots...ahhh so pretty! I have a new one myself..finally. His name is Tre' b/c at the monent he has 3 blooms scaped growing so I thought it was only fitting. HA!

What a ramble, I know...but I haven't been on here much. Sorry! I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures!

-Frank

• beachplant
    14 years ago

I've always been a fan of zombies!
    Tally HO!

• beetle_2007
    14 years ago

I still Drool for Zombies!!

• bama_gardener
    14 years ago

Your photography is fantastic and the blooms are gorgeous.

• jodik_gw
    14 years ago

Wow, Alana! Great photos of great flowers! Impressive! I just adore Zombie... and I've got Exotica on my future wish list!

Thanks for sharing those... most excellent!

• e36yellowm3
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi - (sorry for the delayed reply. Just getting back from being in SC for a few days minus laptop and I gotta say it felt really good but boy did I miss a ton on the forum!) Anyway, thanks all! There are 3 little Zombie bulbs in the pot, but what's cool is they put up two scapes each just about simultaneously (which is really unusual in my limited experience). I was a bit disappointed at first with how the flowers nod down, but when they start to layer as they all opened the top ones are propped up more by the ones on the bottom. They have four flowers per pretty tall scape. I can't believe how much comes out of those little bulbs!

Frank, I'll email them and let them know you got a rouge Zombie. Sorry about that! Still for $2.20, a bulb it sounds like it was a good aquisition, but I know you wanted two the same. I'm so glad we did that order.
    Alana

• frank27603
    14 years ago

No worries at all Alana! It was a welcomed suprise! I was not disappointed at all. I need to post my photos of my babies. I am so glad we did the order too. Thanks again!

-Frank

Sponsored
More Discussions