Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

My HUGE 'Show Master' amaryllis.

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

This was the first year I had grown some diffrent amaryllis varieties. For years it was just 'Red Lion', which were both mislabels. They were supposed to both be papilio.

I bought 'Show master', 'Black Pearl', 2 'Apple Blossom(both were mislabeled, and 1 Aphrodite. Loved the Aphrodite even though the second stem died on me, the 1st 2 blooms were amazing, but the other 2 buds didn't develop. I wish I would have bought more of this one. 'Black Pearl' was really nice, both stems bloomed. 'Show Master' was one of my favs! The flowers were breath taking to me, and the 2nd flower stem is over 3ft tall!!

Is it normal for amaryllis to produce such huge flower stems? I realize that the first stem of blooms were huge! They were all over 8 inches wide. The 2nd stem's flowers have produced nice sized flowers, maybe 6in wide but still very nice. At first I was worried that the stem would break from being so tall but I did stake it and keep it tied up. SO far, so good!

Has anyone els had experience with huge flower stems? Sorry I don't have pictures to post.

Andrew

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions