Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariava7

H. Honeymoon

mariava7
16 years ago

I am starting this thread as I think this beautiful South African hybrid so deserves it. Honeymoon is amazingly beautiful. And just like any beautiful model, it shines in every shot I took of it. Unfortunately, my digital camera would sometimes adjust it's color depending on the background's color. Here are some shots of Honeymoon which I think ALMOST captured it's true beauty. Enjoy!

{{gwi:450329}}

{{gwi:450330}}

{{gwi:450331}}

{{gwi:450332}}

{{gwi:450333}}

Comments (15)

• hopflower
    16 years ago

Yep. Those are beauties for sure. Especially that second shot. Gorgeous!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Most excellent, Maria! Honeymoon is a beautiful flower, sure to be a favorite! And the color... so deep! It's wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

• jetak
    16 years ago

Hi Maria very nice indeed. A beautiful classic shape,I like the frill effect on the petals.The colour rich red wine is spectacular.
    Could you please be as kind and give a description of the plant like size and the number of blooms and the height of the stem.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Maria, you photor compositions keep getting more and more interesting and artistic. Just look at that 4th one where the blooms are facing each other. What a great composition, indeed!

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

I agree with Cindee... you could probably publish some of those pictures, Maria!

I must say... I'm pretty impressed with everyones' photography, considering... we're gardeners, not professional photographers!

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all. As you all can check, pics were taken X'mas afternoon. Maybe I was in the right mood...Releasing stress...lol! But still no matter what and up till today, Honeymoon remains beautiful. Take a look at the style and stigma. Everything about it is awesome.

{{gwi:450335}}

Now photo session with Honeymoon is done, time to collect pollens and plan with the pollination. I cannot wait to do this. Honeymoon's climax. Another scape is coming up by the way.

Jetak...One of the best thing about South African hybrids is the availablity of information about each variety that is offered. The link below will tell you what you could expect from Honeymoon according to Hadeco, it's creator.

This Honeymoon is a newly purchased bulb,30cm circumference, first scape is 12"tall with 4 6" flowers. I hope the next scape will produce bigger blooms. Hadeco claims that it can get as big as 8 inches.

Here is a link that might be useful: Honeymoon info

• jetak
    16 years ago

Thanks for that information - I get a better picture of things when I have the dimensions in perspective. Yes it is hard to judge a plant on its performance in its first year.As I said very very nice indeed - perfect in every way.
    PS.I am unable to access the Honeymoon link

• soultan
    16 years ago

Jusg to go the hadeco web site and find the cultivar Honeymoon. It will be the same info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hadeco. Search for the name under Cultivar

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Maria, I can just hear the pollen falling from that beauty!

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jetak...I'm sorry about that. You might need to download the Macromedia Flash Player to view their website. You can have access to infos about all their varieties. Very informational.

Soultan...Nice to see ya. Are you smiling yet?

Cindee...Hiya girlfriend!!! Some of the pollens can fall all the way to FL with my check for Pink Diamond...Lol. Bill me and it will be on it's way.

• soultan
    16 years ago

Yes. The smile of the clinically insane... I need to sleep!

• paxfleur
    15 years ago

Maria -- Is my 'Honeymoon' authentic? I purchased my 'Honeymoon' from J.S this season and mine lacks the iridescent shine that your 'Honeymoon' has.

{{gwi:450337}}

{{gwi:450338}}

'Honeymoon on left, generic Red Lion on right'

{{gwi:450339}}

• mariava7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hey Pax! It is looking to be like Honeymoon. It has that thing in it's inner petals that looks like it was "torn". Give your Honeymoon some time to recover. It looks like it is stressed. Does it's flowers have short pedicels? Hopefully in it's second scape, it will give out prettier flowers.

• taz56
    15 years ago

All of you'lls photo's are so pretty!
    Susan

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Honeymoon is a real beauty! I agree with Maria, Pax... perhaps it's stressed, and will perform better with its second scape. I'd bet that it will be absolutely gorgeous next bloom cycle!

Sponsored
More Discussions