Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jay83

fresh viable hippeastrum hybrid crosses seeds needed as available

jay83
11 years ago

hi all my garden freinds. i am looking for fresh hippeastrum hybrid seeds. they can be any color variety crossed with one another. (example apple blossom x cybister. or white x another unique color) i am hoping to recieve some very interesting crosses seeds. preferably any hybrid seeds that DIDNT have a red parent as red is dominant and im trying to get away from reds lol. hopefully if you have some hybrid seeds when they come available to you, you can ship to ontario canada safely (winter is now here :( and i dont want the poor seeds to freeze while sitting in customs awaiting clearance so please package carefully). as soon as you have some unique hybrid fresh viable seeds available please contact me on here and i will then send you my mailing info. please note with the seeds hopefully you all have unique varietys u used to cross to get the seeds as here in good old canada... we have the basic boring varietys (red lion, picotee, apple blossom, mont blanc, desire-all the standards in the buisness). i am hoping to recieve some unique hybrids of crosses involving either with species x color varietys, crosses with pappillo, crosses with cybisters, or just crosses with very unique varietys available to you in the usa :). just let me know at the time what cross u have in the seeds and if u can ship them to canada, i know it may be a month or two before u have any fresh seeds starting to come available but just let me know soon as u have them available. thanks!!!

Comments (6)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

Jay, keep your eyes on the list. People who have seeds will offer them. If you are really lucky, you can get to the top if a few lists. Some really unique crosses only produce a few viable seeds while others produce dozens. If a cross is really unique and special, chances are that the hybridizer will want to keep them to see what they have created as each seed can produce a slightly different bloom from all the others. There are quite a few list members in Canada...

I hope you get some good crosses. You do realuze that it will be 2-3 years or more before they set blooms. Anna from Quebec seems to have good luck finding many different hybrids up in Canada. There are also nice varieties available in boxes kits from Ludwig as per recent posts from Phil.
    K

• jay83
    Original Author
    11 years ago

i guess i worded my post wrong, i mean there are lots of cool varieties out there in the usa and just as long as the seed is not from a red parent as red is dominant and im trying to get away from reds then thats all i want. just 2 cool varieties crossed. like there is johnsonii, clown, summertime, chico, lady jane, giraffe, mandonii, parodii, charisma, splash, lily star, philadelphia, sweet nymph, tosca, jaguar, african carnival, lemon lime, cherry nymph, passadena, any color miniature crossed into any color regular variety, any papillo cross, any MINIATURES crossed, u name it there is so many varieties here in canada NOT available to us canadians in the fall come amaryllis time :( so if anyone has examples of these or similar cool hybrid cross seeds let me know. i am intrigued in miniature crosses too as well as there is some black amaryllis out there that i wud love to have black cross seeds, like black knight x.., black pearl x.., so just let me know what cross u made to get the seeds and i will get you my mailing info when the seed is ready. thanks. and ya i know it takes atleast 3 years before the first bloom, thats ok by me.

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

The ones with "black" in their names are really just a dark red. I believe Royal Colors ships to Canada. There is no telling what you will get with seeds. I have many exciting crosses that I am looking forward to growing out this year. Sometimes selfs, if they aren't from a red (grin), can give some interesting results.

Good luck with your quest.
    K

• aacor11
    10 years ago

I'd like some seeds too if anyone wants to sell them when they are really fresh. If any pure white is available, I'd be very happy. I am just a mum with a balcony and no desire to possess a large collection as I wouldn't have the time and knowledge to care for the plants. One of my bulbs has died and the others aren't doing so great; I've decided to let nature take its course dusted with cinnamon and planted all wounded bulbs in a mixture of 50% peat and perlite and 50% sand...

Btw, turmeric doesn't work so well as a natural anti-fungal on bulbs; maybe on man/animals it is different.Sulphur didn't work well for me either. Only cinnamon stopped the rot.

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Alexandra,

Email me with your address and in a few weeks I'll have some seeds I can send you. It takes about a month to get to France so you can think about it.

Donna

• snarfie
    10 years ago

just crossed an miniature with an apple blossom (pollen), looks like it will take. is growing now. also made an cross with vittatum and miniature (pollen) that looks like it has taken. and a few hours ago crossed miniature (white with peach blush) with sweet lilian, curious what will happen.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia