Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

NewYear Buds-Finally!

cindeea
13 years ago

My New Year Perks...Fairytale(I hope) and Misty(I'm pretty sure) both from Scheepers are blessing me with buds...

Fairytale

{{gwi:450649}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

Misty

{{gwi:450650}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

Together

{{gwi:450651}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

Comments (13)

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Happy New Year to you too Cindee! Looks like you'll be having some wonderful blooms next year.

Alana

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Yay Cindee :) You better show us more pictures!

• haxuan
    13 years ago

Cindee, please don't forget to show off your new year blooms.

Xuan

• cindeea
    Original Author
    13 years ago

HA HA Showing Off My New Year's Bloomers!!

After a warm sunny day at the pool...
    {{gwi:450652}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

Fairytale put on a bit of a rosey blush...
    {{gwi:450653}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

and Misty looks downright flushed as she opens against the evening sky...
    {{gwi:450654}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

For pollen, I have some stolen...err um...borrowed Matterhorn dust to try with Fairytale. Fairytale is new to me so I know not what to expect.
    For Misty, I saved some Trentino pollen...They are trumpets with the same shades, but in varying depths. But at least it's something. I may give Misty some Matterhorn too. Misty was a good pollinator and parent in the past for me....we shall see!!!

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Cindee, for some reason I had bad experience with "Trentino", it wouldn't accept any pollen and nothing would accept its pollen :( I HOPE you get some seed Cindee!!!!! I think that would be a beautiful cross!

• cindeea
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Josh, all 4 flowers on Trentino aborted for me. I was wondering if it was just cause it was a new-to-me bulb. 2 were selfed and 2 were with pollen from an unknown red with whitewash that fell into my pocket at HD...shhhh Glad to know your experience was the same. Sometimes I think it is me...when in fact it is the bulb's nature. Will be posting you on the Trentino pollen's success. THANKS!

• cindeea
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Updates....Misty opening a bit more
    {{gwi:450656}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

{{gwi:450658}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

Fairytale is still opening slowly...WOW the pollen!!
    She has 4 blooms on her first spike, there is another spike catching up to the first.
    {{gwi:450660}}From 2010-2011 Amaryllis

For a small flowered bulb (bloom is a little bigger than Misty) she sure has tall scapes! I am anxious to see her flowers full open. Anyone want some pollen?

• mariava7
    13 years ago

((((((((HAPPY 2011 HUGS))))))))

Yes Misty is a good mommy.
    The more with Farytale!
    Mine would accept any tet pollens and produce tons of seeds.
    Trentino is not as "friendly" though.
    But with the right partner, it's pollens will be accepted.

• cindeea
    Original Author
    13 years ago

((((Maria))))))sweetheart!! You know I don't know a tet from a dip!!! Can Misty and Fairytale have babies if they "dance"?

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Misty likes the more "exotic" ones.
    Fairytale likes the regular varieties. Try some "green/yellow green" pollens if you want to avoid a lot of white/red results.
    Won't hurt to let them Tango under the Florida moonlight.
    Anything can happen. ;-)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

I got loads of seeds last year from Fairytale x Lemon Star and they are growing well. My Fairytale was about 5" or a little smaller and it had more white in it and I think there were at least 5 flowers on each scape, maybe 6. I got mine as a mislabel of Baby Star, but was thrilled to have Fairytale. With all that pollen, you should make some great crosses..! Your Misty is lovely...

Donna

{{gwi:450662}}

• cindeea
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Love, love, love your Fairytale, Donna Mine seems quite different...hmmm is it? Will have to let her open. I did sprinkle Misty with it's dust

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

I think your first flower is suffering from "first flower stress" and when it opens all the way it will look better;-). Certainly the second flower will look better, as I can see the picotee edge and the stripes are there you just have more saturation of color in yours. I've seen some pictures of Fairytale that have much more white than mine, I think it can be quite variable. By the way is Fairytale one word of two...be sure to post pictures when it open all the way..

Donna