Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The porch tonight and Opal Star vs Cherry Crush

Posted by kaboehm 9a (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 12 at 20:26

Here's the porch tonight. iPhone photo is sort of fuzzy...sorry!

In the far back left is my Opal Star from Walmart and just to the right is my Cherry Crush from ETGB. I had been told that they are the same, but clearly they aren't. The Opal Star has much veining on 5/6 of the tepals. I think they must be related as the general form is the same, but Cherry Crush is more red and white and Opal Star is more red and yellow-cream.

Thoughts?
K

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The porch tonight and Opal Star vs Cherry Crush

It looks like the Opal Star is the same as mine, and the CC looks different..Is there less green in the flower?...Could you climb up in there and take a closer pic......LOL...just kidding- no dont do that.
My CC is still in the cool basement waiting its turn to bloom.
Mike

o

Here's a closer photo of my Opal Star taken with zoom. "Good" photos to be taken tonight in kitchen.
K

o

And here's Cherry Crush in the foreground.
K

o
Better photo of Opal Star vs Cherry Crush

Here's a photo with a "real" camera vs iPhone. Opal Star on left, Cherry Crush on right. The center of Cherry Crush really is dark!
K

o

• Posted by haweha 7/Germany/W (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 4:56

That is the shape of Knight Star Lily Flowers that I like.
And, with white midribs - and if they had frilly edges then I would die (wait, then I cannot enjoy them, so I slighly correct to "I would kill") for these! LOL!
Thank you for showing them. I would crosspollinate them although I think that these are not as likely "taking".

o

Alfresco is a generous and fertile mate. While I might get some doubles and some scent, it might also introduce some frills. I love envisioning the possiblities.
K

o

By now lots of listers should have blooms... Where are they?? Photos please !!
K

o

Dear Hans-Werner,
Ok, I crossed both ways. Let's see what happens!
K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here