Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulbs from Burbee

Posted by kaboehm 9a (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 21:17

Has anyone ordered from Burbee US before? I think she said they are done shipping for the season, but they may have some interesting offerings next year if they are connected to Burbee in The Netherlands.

Ludwig (a different breeder/grower) says Amaryllis Bulb Company is selling the Ludwig bulbs in the US.

It looks like most sellers are nearly out of stock. I preordered some Viraldi Rascals from RC and they will hold til mid to late March. They usually have some great surprises at the end of their season (April / June).

The bottom shelf of my fridge is full of bulbs that are waiting their turn.... It will be nice to stagger plantings so that I will have blooms continually until my older bulbs start to rebloom. Freezes the next 3 nights...YAY for the new greenhouse!

K
PS... Porch blooms from tonight!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulbs from Burbee

I haven't tried Burbee. I do however LOVE your photo! It's interesting how many of us have a shared love of orchids and hippeastrum. I see that cattleya to the left of the photo!

o

I have had that orchid for years. I totally ignore it. It goes outside in the spring, on the porch to bloom this time if year. It gets watered when I think about it and never gets fed!

About 40 years ago my HS bio teacher taught me tissue culture on orchids in the morning before classes started.
K

o

It's lovely, Kristi... I wish they would do so well for me in this area!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here