The post says it all RELIABLE/depedable sorces wanted for Hippies
Happpy Holidays
Wes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cauton: Hippies bite ( chomp )

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 11:41

Well... the most reliable sources I have purchased bulbs from are Royal Colors, John Scheeper's, and EasyToGrow Bulbs, to name a few.

I know there are several other reliable, reputable companies... some prices vary, so it depends on how much you have to spend. White Flower Farm has nice bulbs, but they're a little higher in price.

It's always wise to check a company out at Garden WatchDog... perhaps someone could provide the link, as I don't have it.

That should get you started, Wes... most of the named companies can be found with a quick Google of the words "retail amaryllis" or "hippeastrum". In case you don't already have it bookmarked, I'll start you out with Royal Colors' website... have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Royal Colors - Quality Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Bulbs

o

Wes...they can....here's evidence of the monsters we've all gotten...ready to strike when you aren't looking!
Photobucket

Why don't the listers just provide names of companies they've had good luck with (with the occassional stinker...I've always gotten either a replacement, refund or credit).

I like (in no particular order):
van Egelen, McClure & Zimmerman (past problems with mislabels seems minimized), John Scheepers, bagged retail bulbs from Netherland Bulb Company, Royal Colors, Gurney's (remember if the price seems too good....buyer beware), k. van Bourgondien & sons, Smith & Hawken (when they were available....brick and mortar stores closed)

Kristi

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 6, 09 at 13:32

Kristi, I swear that looks like a Hippi Muppet... from the Sesame Street Gardens, maybe?! LOL! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here