Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anadj76

What's flowering

anadj76
9 years ago

Hello everybody!
This is what I have in bloom.
The back row from the left is Tinkerbell, the red one it's supposed to be Lime Flare, which I don't think it ist, Half and Half and Sweet Lilian.
Ana

Comments (11)

• anadj76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Papilio with three scapes in total, but two scapes flowering right now, which I am very happy about it, since my other papilios had only gave me one scape in the past.
    Ana

• Fred Biasella
    9 years ago

Hi Ana,

What a beautiful display :-)))) My Papilios are in no where near in the mood to send up a scape or two. Mine usually start flowering around the end of January or so...if they're in the mood.

Warm Regards,
    Fred

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Very pretty Ana, especially your papilios!! It's been over a year since any of mine have been in the mood to bloom like Fred's, so it's nice to see their beautiful faces.

I think your Lime Flair isn't, as you suspected. Your Sweet Lilian is a bit pale but probably correct, all very nice!

Your not LIme Flair is very interesting, I don't recognize it but maybe a close up might help someone ID it for you.

Donnaâºâº

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Hi Ana,

Here is a clue to your mislabeled Lime Flair, I guess you aren't the only one who received this mislabel!!

I ordered one last year and got the correct bulb and I ordered 2 Cutting Edges (Israeli also) and got another Lime Flair and an ugly duckling!!

Donnaâºâº

Here is a link that might be useful: not Lime Flair..

• anadj76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Fred,
    I been enjoying their blooms, and papilio is one of my favorites!! Hope that yours get in the mood and flower for you.
    Ana

Hi Donna,
    Here is a close up of one of the good flowers of my not Lime Flare, two of them came out like something scare them.

I think you are right!! The picture on the link looks just like the one I have, not Lime Flare. Oh well, maybe next time I get the real Lime Flare.
    Thank you for your help!

I hope your papilios flower for you soon!!!
    Ana

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    9 years ago

My Papilios Improved hasn't bloomed in 2 years. West window, plenty of Ferts. I keep it evergreen. Maybe Give it the "normal" rest period like the others?

• haweha
    9 years ago

Hello Ana,
    big opportunity, to create hybrids with H.papilio. Their flowers are waiting, and I can see that you already pollinated one. I hope you did not self pollinate, this is futile with the common clone of H.papilio.

• anadj76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Hans-Werner,
    I didn't self pollinate, I tried that with my other papilios and didn't work, so I put Chico on one flower, La Paz on two of them, Cyberspace, waiting for the last scape to open.
    Hopefully I get seed, I'll keep my fingers cross.

Ana

• Rythen.
    9 years ago

My 'Symphony' in bloom under my grow lights. I thought this one was quite beautiful for a simple red and white Hippeastrum. It put up three scapes total so far, with 4 blooms each!

• haweha
    9 years ago

It might have been mislabeled. Afaik "Symphony" refers to a category of "size" (of the flowers), created by HADECO. Actually "Très Chic", which I think is the correct name here, is of medium size.

• anadj76
    Original Author
    9 years ago

What a beautiful flower you have there and 12 flowers altogether even better!! and if is Tres Chic like Mr. Hans-Werner said then I'm in luck, because I ordered one bulb and is showing up a scape.
    Ana

Tommyr
    I can not take credit for the 3 scapes on the papilio, since is a new bulb for me. the other papilios when I bough them they only game one scape.
    I'm pretty much new to this whole amaryllis world, which I love, only one year so far. I'm keeping them outside as evergreen, feeding them and hopefully they rebloom for me sooner than later.
    Ana

Sponsored
More Discussions