Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Let's Get Acquainted - Part 2!

It's great that we are constantly having new members join us here in the Hippeastrum Forum. So we all can learn a little bit about each other, and get acquainted, let's continue what Cindee and Jodi started over 6 years ago! They began 2 "Who Are You?" And "Let's Get Acquainted" threads, and they was big hits! We've all had fun and learned a little about our fellow posters!
Sadly, the the more recent of the two original threads got too big; the Garden Web forum caps threads at 150 posts because they take too long to load (especially, when there are lots of photos). I've started another thread to continue the fun! The link to Jodi's original is here so you can easily access it!

****At the request of the GW Webmasters, the thread is being continued here. It is no longer possible to post in the old thread, but it is available for reading. Post new profiles and information in this current thread!!***

Thanks!
Kristi

Here is a link that might be useful: Let's get acquainted..... First 151 posts!

This post was edited by kaboehm on Sun, Dec 14, 14 at 11:36

Comments (10)

• TheCaterpillar
    9 years ago

Good morning :) I don't believe I ever posted a actual introduction, so here it goes!

Hello everyone. My name is Brant and I am 26 and currently reside in Raleigh, NC. I recently purchased my very first Amaryllis (Stargazer) who is now sending up a flower spike and I'm very excited! My grandmother asked me what I wanted to Christmas and I told her another amaryllis :) I am definately hooked.

I have always had a interest in plants which was spurred on by my grandparents and great grandmother and great aunt. I currently have 2 Phal orchids, a thanksgiving cactus, African violet, baby adenium, poinsettia (my first as well), money tree, lime tree, cenntinieal kumquat, and a plumeria. I see my collection getting a bit bigger come this spring :)

As for a little about myself. I am lover of the arts. I am a actor/singer/dancer. I am also a avid Disney fan. I often get compared to Kurt Hummel from Glee and/or Mitchell from Modern Family. I also love fashion and shopping as well.

I hope to make many new friends here as I do not have many garden friends. See you on the boards!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Welcome Brant!

It's easy to get addicted to amaryllis and many of those on the list are ENABLERS!! You are fortunate, living in zone 8 you should be able to grow your amaryllis outdoors (with winter protection), so your collection can get bigger faster!! Sounds like an interesting assortment of plants!

Are you active in the Raleigh theater scene? Where should we look for you on stage!?

I worked my way through college at Disneyland, so I have boxes full of Disneyana...a past addiction.

Kristi

• jstropic (10a)
    9 years ago

Welcome Brant! I look forward to hearing more and more from you as your addiction grows !:) And, to expand on what Kristi said, we will do everything in our power to enable you to expand your hippeastrum/amaryllis collection! Actually, it sounds like you are artistically inclined and should strongly consider trying your hand at hybridizing new hippeastrum :)
    Again, welcome!! - J

• Nititii P.
    9 years ago

Hi, My name's Nititii from Thailand, 40 years old this year. I felt in love with Amaryllis last year while surfing through the internet and can't stop buying new bulbs. :P I bought many varieties this year. All are very beautiful. I visit this forum sometimes, read all the threads but rarely write comments because my English is the problem. Thank you to all of you, I got many knowledge from this forum. ^__^

I have twin children and I'm the one who taking care of them while planting Amaryllis is an hobby.

• Nititii P.
    9 years ago

Another boy

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dear Nititii,
    Welcome!! Your sons are adorable! I hope they love the blooms too! Look at all the pots in the background of the second photo!! I would say you are definitely hooked.

Your English is fine, so please don't let that stop you from posting and sharing with the group. We have members from all around the world and love to see everyone's blooms and read their posts.
    Kristi

• jstropic (10a)
    9 years ago

Welcome Nititii,

Your flowers and your children are beautiful :)

It is good to meet you! I noticed, like Kristi all the flower pots in the background, so I look forward to seeing all the pictures of your beautiful flowers when they bloom.

And your English is much better than my Thai ! LOL

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Hi Nititii,

Welcome back, you have posted before and we never have any trouble understanding you, your English is just fine!

Your sons are just adorable and you have quite a collection of flowers, just beautiful!

We look forward to hearing from you soon, you don't have to have a problem, just to post pictures of your lovely flowers is a treat for all of us!!

Donnaâºâº

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Welcome Brant,

You've come to the right place!! Many of us on the forum have become friends as we share our addition with each other, it's nice to have someone who understands, to talk things over with!

Donna

• Fred Biasella
    9 years ago

Welcome Brant & Nititii,

We're all a swell bunch of nuts, so welcome to the nut house...lol. I very much enjoy your pictures and comments, please keep them coming.

Very Warm Regards
    Fred

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions