Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hatta_gw

Melfi ... the latest attraction, and ... (pics heavy)

hatta
13 years ago

Dear all,

Here I present the latest ... Cybister 'Melfi' blooming, a cybister with pink dots on creamish petals.

{{gwi:452857}}

{{gwi:452859}}

{{gwi:452861}}

And ...

'Tosca' overshadows all others ... its big blooms, with blood red veins, dots and stripes, always caught me eyes and make my head turned whenever I pass through my growing shelf ...

... simply, the most beautiful and attractive of them all

{{gwi:379360}}

'Tosca' alongside 'Melfi'

{{gwi:452865}}

'Tosca' next to 'NR0016', notice similar colour scheme :-)

{{gwi:452867}}

Thanks for looking :-)

Hatta

Comments (12)

• mariava7
    13 years ago

All beautiful Hatta!!!

I can't wait to see my new cybisters bloom.
    Hope they flower as lovely as yours.

OT: Got to talk with my mother in the Philippines last Christmas. She was ecstatic as the Hippie bulbs that she "forced" (refrigerated) were all blooming now.
    How do you get to have your bulbs rebloom Hatta in that tropical climate of Malaysia? Do you get cold temps. in your area?

• hatta
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dear Maria,

I am too lazy to force a bulb to bloom or, more likely, with the number of bulbs that I have, I need, may be, at least 3 refrigerators ... LOL! Lack of time is also another factor.

I just let them bloom naturally. I think the slightly cooler temperature in the months of Sept/Oct/Nov initiated the blooming process.

Those that have bloomed in the past 3 months are 'Fanfare','Lima', 'La Paz', 'Dancing Queen' (from two of two bulbs) and 'Amy Maguire'. 'Tosca' is blooming now albeit with two blooms on a scape. 'Blossom Peacock' also has a scape emerging.

I know it is a low blooming ratio, but I keep my expectations low at the moment ... hehehe!

May be, after some years of growing here, I hope that all of them will naturalise and bloom naturally in Feb/Mar each year, similar cycle with my 'Roseum'

So, that's the experience so far, from my limited time of 3 years growing the hippies ...

Regards,
    Hatta

• mariava7
    13 years ago

I think your "idea" is great!
    As every gardener and garden is different.
    The success in growing these plants is knowing them and knowing how to grow them in your own growing conditions.

Wishing you a 2011 loadfull of blooms Hatta!

• fishing_dentist
    13 years ago

Oh Hatta that makes me excited. My one is arrived and dormant in the basement.
    Very nice!

• blancawing
    13 years ago

Me too! The first photo looks like a painting. It will be difficult to wait to plant much longer.

-B

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Hatta,

I'm in love with your Tosca...I don't think I've ever seen a lovelier picture, the shape of the petals and the form, not to mention the color. I must seek on out next year. Thanks for sharing...

Donna

• blancawing
    13 years ago

Gosh a mighty Miss Donna! How can you wait till next year after seeing Hatta's Tosca?

-B

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Hatta :)

My "Melfi" is blooming now too! Don't you just love the pink overlay? I think it adds so much character and beauty!

BTW, your "Tosca" is beautiful ! I can't wait till I get mine ;)

• arbo_retum
    13 years ago

i have 3 tosca coming as well and your beautiful ones have me quite excited !
    thanks much,
    mindy

• quail
    13 years ago

Hatta, thanks for describing your beautiful blooms. They sound wonderful :)
    And thanks for sharing a bit about your growing conditions. Our hippies do seem to be quite versatile as far as the growing conditions that they tolerate. I'm glad they can handle the climates you're in :)
    Michelle

• ajsblu_eyes
    13 years ago

Hatta your flowers are beautiful you make me wish I had gotten more flowers :)

• cindeea
    13 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR Hatta, my friend!!!

How is that beautiful new baby?

I love love love Melfi! She's like a watercolor!

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio
More Discussions