Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_695743

Underwater Pond Pics

tommyc
20 years ago

My Koi pond is 800 Gallons and 3 feet deep. Just enough for me to float in and take underwater videos. Its really quite a tranquil feeling. An excellent way to relate with your fish. Hope this gives you a few ideas for the upcoming summer. I use a regular Hi 8 video camera, and use an underwater camera bag. The fish really like to swim in front of the camera. I just put my mask and snorkel on and just float with them. They come right up to the camera and just gaze in.

Image link:

Comments (6)

• little_dipper
    20 years ago

That is awesome!

• Dani_fl
    20 years ago

I WISH I COULD SWIM WITH MY FISH!!!!!!!!!

• wvhagan
    20 years ago

WOW!

• tommyc
    Original Author
    20 years ago

An Explanation of my pond.

Here is a link that might be useful: Top View of Pond

• swamptromper
    19 years ago

Love your photos! I have a large natural bottomed pond that's filtered through a planted area. It's stocked with koi and many native fish including Bluefin killies,redbreasted sunfish,albino channel cats and some swordtails.I've snorkeled in it several times but never taken videos or photos. The neighbors built a two story house that kind of overlooks it, so I stopped snorkeling.I'm 50 years old and should maintain SOME dignity!LOL

• tommyc
    Original Author
    19 years ago

YOu know I'm 51, and I felt a little foolish for snorkeling too... but you know what? I'm sure I am more young at heart than anyone within 20 years. Only the people who laugh at you are the ones who have a problem with their self esteem. Next summer I'll be back floating on top of the water and enjoying my fantastic underwater world.

Sponsored