Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imaginators

Love struck Betta in community tank

imaginators
19 years ago

This is for those who have a male Betta and not sure what fish to put in with them. If you lool at the aquarium gallery section with post titled Betta and Aquarium that is me. I have a 12 gallon glass tank. Today I added with my single male Betta, named Picazzo, 2 female Bettas and 2 Cory catfish. My Betta, Picazzo, is having the time of his life with his new female partners. He doesn't peck the females but rather puts on a show for them, like a Peacock or a Rooster. His gills flare out and he spreads his fins out beautifully. He is like a proud male showing off. The females act like...oh give me a break and swim off. Being very indifferent but not afraid. I have plenty of plants for 2 females to hide if need be. If they do breed and most likely they will, I will purchase a net container that attaches itself into the aquarium for the frys. The 2 cory catfish stay together and the Bettas leave them alone. This week I plan on buying some live food for all of them. I would like to make it a once a month thing to do. Store the food in refrigerator to give them a bit each day. I am having so much fun with my new fish. My next fish to get will be 3 red Tetras. Since my aquarium is small, that will probably be all that i get unless I see one more beautiful female Betta. I do not have a divider in this aquarium since my fish are not fighting each other, as 2 male Bettas would over territory.

Theresa

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County