Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
50 gal planted tank

Posted by EDHall z5 nwlowerMI (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 16, 04 at 12:47

Picture of my fish tank on April 2nd. Then I put in the DIY co2 and the plants took over. now I am trimming them back every week so I at see some of my fish.

Does anybody want to trade for the big Lilly plant on the right side? I do have four of them in the tank. I'm looking for some more stem plants with bigger leaves. Just send me a personel e-mail and we can work out the details.

Image link: 50 gal planted tank (25 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 50 gal planted tank

Your tank is so beautiful!!!

o

• Posted by EDHall z5 nwlowerMI (My Page) on
    Mon, May 17, 04 at 10:09

Thank you, My tank just split the side seam on the glass last week so the next time I post a picture it will totaly different. I will do that after it grows in abit in a month or so.

o

ooooooooh, disaster >:-/ Were you able to repair the split or did you switch to a new tank?

o

Mon, May 17, 04 at 17:59

I was able to repair the split but time will tell... the water is going back into it today. It looks like it will hold but the tank is over 15 years old the silicone may be getting a little old. I only repaired the side with the split when will the other sides go?

o

• Posted by Suenh cold end of 4! (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 22, 05 at 11:09

How'd the repair hold up? I've got a tank that is 20+ years old and I keep a tube of silicone around on standby.

Love to see an update on the plants. Always love the way they grow and change.
I keep a planted tank too. More of a jungle than anything else now.

o

does it cost a lot of money to run the special lights [say for a 150 gallon tank] to keep the plants thriving?

can they clean the gravel that with enough oxygen in the water the roots and aerobic bacteria will clean it so you dont have to do a clean out?

o

Mon, Sep 5, 05 at 10:07

No it does not cost a lot of money to run the lights, I think it cost more to run the heater for the tank. (it is a 150 watt) For a 150 gal tank you will need a lot of light to penatrate to get to the bottom of the tank. I would go with around 300 watts to start with and low light plants. If you go with compact floresents they have a electronic ballast which is cheeper to run and pack in more light in a smaller space.

o

do you ever remove the gravel?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here