Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliciacch_gw

How can I help my sick Molly

aliciacch
19 years ago

Hi! I moved my fish to a bigger acquarium 3 weeks ago. It has light and temperature control. It is 24 x 12 x 15 inches... I have several zebras, and other fish I can't remember their names. I also have two mollies from the previous acquarium. they bred and have 8 babies around 4 months old.

I have noticed that in the new acquarium the fish are more active. I have it close to a window, with double aeration, temperature control, and it is bigger. The small mollies seem to be bitting the older ones all the time. I also have many snails that I am trying to get rid of and I pick them out everyday (and put them in the old acquarium because I am sadden by killing them).

One of the older mollies has become sick. the mouth is open wider and it is not swiming right. it swims sort of on the side. The fins have white marks and seem to be bitten. the fish has been sick for 2 days now. I thougth it was going to die. Now I see that is has become bloated and the skin looks like having little bubbles all over... like goose bumps.

I have searched for help on the internet but can't find what it has. Is there anything I can do? maybe change it to the other? I want to find a way to cure it but I also want to prevent the others from getting sick.

All the other fish are fine, happy, and full of energy!

Thanks,

Alicia

Comments (2)

Sponsored