Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decemberstatic

my new betta's not eating

decemberstatic
16 years ago

I am having a similar problem. I just got a turquois crowntail betta from Petco last saturday. it is now thursday and he has yet to eat. I called petco to ask them what to do, and they just told me that he's fine and to "tease him" with the food a bit, poking at it an moving it around in the water. they were feeding him betta bio gold, so I tried the same food. no result. I contacted another specialty fish store, and they told me to try blood worms, along with this stuff called "Betta Revive", its sort of a blue liquid that you put a few drops in the tank. I also thought that it may be a temperature issue, as when I had a nearby lamp on, he seemed to stay toward where the light was coming from. My roomate keeps the apartment at about 65, and likewise this is the aprox. temp of the water. the guy at the fish store told me to keep a lamp on him, but this doesn't seem to be raising the temp. what should I do?

he swims around just fine, doesn't look bloated, he lives in a 2.5 gallon rectangular tank with some ornaments including a small ship he can swim into, as well as a small plant. there is no filter on the tank. should there be? Captain Morgan (my last betta) lived for 5 years in similar conditions and I never had any problems like this but Atlas (my new betta) seems to be having a problem. any advice would be helpful

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022