Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_bella_gw

How many tanks do you have??

Sarah_Bella
18 years ago

Since im new to the forum i thought it would be fun to see who has what...

I have 9 tanks

1 x 2gal hex - Betta male Shazaam

1 x 5gal - Betta fry

1 x 5.5gal - Figure 8 puffers, clams

3 x 10gal - betta fry-gouramis,swordtails, dojo loach, male & female betta- male betta and marisa snails

2 x 20gal - south american apistos & cats - community tank with butterfly fish, grasscutter catfish, male & female betta, black tetras

1 x 33 gal - EMPTY, just looking for a stand for it so i can set it up, it will be my community ...

Comments (18)

• fgilles02420
    18 years ago

What the heck...

10g tank with ordinary wild type guppies (eight year old just had to bring home the classroom guppies)

10g tank - betta plus two otos

75g community - platies, serpae tetras, zebra danios, black neons, 2 ancistrus (and one little harlequin raspbora who got into the bag with the neons at the pet store and they gave him/her to me for free)

50g emtpy - but will soon house either firemouths or blue acaras when set up and cycled.

• james_ny
    18 years ago

I'm down to four. 240 gal salt, 150 gal fresh, 130 gal indoor pond, 150 gal outdoor pond.

• woeisme
    18 years ago

1x29G plants, OK out of control jungle with a crowntail betta, 5 oto's and a lone clown loach.---2x38G storage bins, plant only.--- All empty 1x125G, 6x20L, 1x55G 1x29G 4x10G---- 2x10G QT's, cycled, but empty supplementing with ammonia hydroxide daily until I am ready to restock. I am doing a major renovation in the basement, almost done. Most likely going to try FOWLR or Reef with 125G or 29G, not sure I am still undecided.

• skygee
    18 years ago

I cut down on the small tanks. 3 gallon w/betta. 29 gallon guppy tank. 72 gallon community. 42 gallon goldfish (to be put into 150 gallon indoor pond once I get my act together). 55 gallon cichlid. 1000 gallon outdoor koi pond.

• Sarah_Bella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

i am SOOOOOOO jealous!! I want a FOWLR,(Fish Only with Live Rock)... was to get 120g for xmas to house a puffer but it didnt happen. I will never go reef tho cuz im TERRIFIED of metal halides. I know 3 people whose homes burned down this year from shorts in their MH.

James, what do you have in your 240?? something magnificent i hope! a puffer maybe???

Skygee, im cutting out the small ones too as soon as all the darned betta fry grow already! ;)

Now i feel like my 33 is mini compared to everyone elses.... gonna have to get me a 50+ just to fit in around here LOL

• foxykitten350234
    18 years ago

Sarah, don't feel too bad. Look at my sad little list.lol
    1- 5gal with Betta and ret tail shark
    1- 20 gal long set up as a terrarium...is this a bad thing to say on this forum?

Some where along the lines I had a 10 gal, but seem to have lost it. It had been used for a hampster. I better slink out of here now before you all start throwing stuff at me:)

Foxy.

• woeisme
    18 years ago

Compact fluorescent is an option. If I go with MH I plan on using industrial fixtures for outside applications. For one they are less expensive then "aquarium" fixtures. Don't be jealous of mine, most likely most will sit empty for some time. Like when my kids get a little older. Lately just maintaining my 29G and planted only has been too demanding. The 29G is a jungle and I haven't really done anything w/the plant only's in 3 weeks.

• Sarah_Bella
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Foxy, you will definitely want to upgrade sooner rather than later from that 5gal. that red tail shark will outgrow that in no time :) Perhaps you could make yourself a nice little 5gal terrarium and use the 20 for your fishies ;)

• foxykitten350234
    18 years ago

Ah Sarah, I have many many more plants then I do fishies:) 150+ plants vs. 2 fishies.lol The 5 gal is DH's tank. He wanted a 5 gal for Christmas and that is what he got. Now our anneversary is coming up next month, maybe he will get a larger tank as his gift.lol When he picked out the sharks I didn't know any better. Now that I know how big this little fella is going to get, I have come up with a plan and a back up plan. Plan "A" get a larger tank. If plan "A" fails then plan "B" give sharkey to friend with 29 gal tank...who wants to upgrade to a 55.

Foxy.

• james_ny
    18 years ago

Sara, only have 3 fish in my 240 gal, a hugh Mono Sabae and 2 clown fish. I hoping to move the tank when I expand the house.

• fsaforo
    18 years ago

I once had 8 tanks, the biggest being a 55-gallon. Moved from Virginia to Washington, DC and all hell broke loose; I had been warned about the difference in water quality and was ready with my usual water kits and solutions, but, all of my babies one by one died.

I put over 5-years into raising them all from small babies. Very painful indeed to loose them that way.

I will make a come back?

Flo

• njdjs
    18 years ago

Once ya get one tank and get hooked thats the end. No really good fish stores or breeders that I know in my area.(I live in the boonies) So put goldfish and koi in my 55 gallon tank. THen found a lady who has guppies that keep breeding so started a 10 gallon for those.THen the other half wanted some plants so he has a 30 gallon long with plants,guppies,ghost shrimp,neons,banjo cats,flounder,etc. THen he found a pet shop that had cheap angel fish so another 10 gallon went up. THen we needed a hospital tank so a 5 gallon started THEN he found the same wall of tanks Walmart has So that now sits in my garage waiting for the garage to get finished so we can get them running. Can't wait has the sink and all in it so its going to be great.

• paparoseman
    18 years ago

1 29 gallon tank with a Rainbow Wolf fish and a Synodontus angelicus

1 20gallon tank with a Dollar sunfish and a Aust. Lungfish

1 20 gallon tank with assorted West African cichlids.

1 20 gallon tank with Tilipia bathobates and Tilipia syderae

1 75 gallon tank with large Polypterus and a red spotted severum.

1 75 gallon tank with West African tetras and cichlids

1 46 gallon tank with Goby cichlids and Feather fins

1 250 gallon spare tank.

• no_joke19
    18 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a 150 gal tank stand in pine or oak? I live in Neptune, NJ

• alexis
    18 years ago

I have:
    1 - almost 1 gallon tank with 2 zebra danio fish
    2 - just short of 1 gallon tank with one male red/aquamarine crowntail betta in one and one female red betta in the other
    2 - 5 gallon tanks with a green squirrel tree frog (Frogger) in one and a regular green tree frog (Watcher) in the other
    1 - 20 gallon long tank with a black with orange stripes dart frog named rain (this one is fully planted with peat moss and plants - the green tree frogs have plants but no soil in their tanks).

• stellamae
    18 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a 220 gallon planted community tank with guppies, mollies, swordtails, tons of babies, lots of bristle nose plecos.(was salt water last year), A 180 gallon with Cichlids, 130 gallon with cichlids. 25 10 gallon tanks (empty), 18 gallon tall with fancy guppies. 40-55 gallon indoor fountain for my goldfish in the winter. Dorothy

• thomasr_2006
    17 years ago

1 27 gl. hex (1 breeding pair of angles)
    1 35 gl. hex (guppies,tetras,gouramis,etc.)
    1 55 gl. FOWLR (dwarf lions and tangs)
    1 55 gl. (african cichlids)
    1 55 gl. (malawi cichlids)
    1 29 gl. (retired breading cichlids x 2)
    1 20 gl. (community tank at work)
    1 5 gl. hex (crown tale beta at work)

• sherryazure
    17 years ago

Old list but will add. Interesting to see what others have. Sherry

1 20 regular, redwood driftwood with Annubias suctioned on walls bottom.... asian glass catfish, with one huge female guppy which schools with them (she taught them to go to top and they follow her to bottom as well) Assorted cories about 6.

1 20 long. Two pieces of redwood driftwood. Annubias Barteria (sp) on small wood placed around large (large left bare to show off forms)... One red dwarf gourami, one blue female betta. (can you say understocked)

1 20 long, with rock slab, two pieces together look like cut into at one end... black gravel, greyish rock with white streak, little red. Swords behind it... Not sure what to put into it, maybe move the blind cave fish, as they can take higher lime if rock is not what I think it is.

Huge round globe (found at plastic place going out of business) think they must be for light fixture. About 2 plus feet wide at widest. One in living room sitting on chinese thing that usually holds bowl. Plants in middle (light from above - focus light)... so far one blue neon dwarf gourami (seperate from original 20 long as they started to fight and one died from stress)... a couple 2nd generation non descript guppies (supposed to be blue, sigh) and 3 blind cave fish, which look great swimming round and round.

May put dianos in there (never ending swim lane so will seem bigger) and move and add more to 20 long the blind cave fish...

Smaller globe, about 5 gallons. On desk under lamp.. One lone blue betta, seperated due to fighing in 20 long. Annubias bar plant and some floating hedge... under filter heater....

I looked all over for these globes as I got them originally for terrarium plants (two are used as such) I find them really beautiful for fish tanks... I pot the swords in tubs (easier to clean) and due to contortion of light, only see plants, but can see fish higher up. Light shining down (those canister type with halogen, not supposed to work but I use them just fine) (ie lower light plants) I can't find more, unfortunately.... Before I had put wood in one, had arranged it on tube so it was half in half out (water is only filled half way, not sure if it would break if filled, and half way is a lot of water)....really looked nice as well.

Thanks for interesting link Sherry