Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sierra_z2b

I don't want a pond!

sierra_z2b
18 years ago

And the adventures of Popsicle continue...:-))

This is the singletailed goldfish that was rescued from a pond that was going to freeze solid that winter. As it was he was rescued when there was a good 4 inches of solid ice and snow on top of that.

He spent about a year in a 20 gallon tank while I was hoping that his owner would set up the pond properly and take him back.....But evenually he was moved into a 66 gallon tank in ahhhhhhhhh my fishroom.

Now because of this fish am considering putting in an outdoor pond this spring or summer for him....dooo dooo, dooo dooo.

{{gwi:374471}}

{{gwi:374472}}

Hey look ...he even sends kisses...LOL!

{{gwi:374473}}

Sierra...just shaking my head!

Comments (18)

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

he'll be like a stray dog that keeps coming back :)

• woeisme
    18 years ago

If you where closer I'd lend my shovel. Come on ya' know ya' want the pond, stop fibbin'. Good luck with your new pond this summer.

• abgardeneer
    18 years ago

If you really don't want a pond, just put the goldfish in one of your water barrels. Our goldfish have "summer jobs" - mosquito control! They are useful - more than I can say for DH's vast number of tropical fish - they're strictly ornamental...kind of like our cats.

• skygee
    18 years ago

Sierra... I have a pond. Whaddabout we trade? You can take some really really pretty guppies and I'll take your goldie!

In fact, I'll just give you guppies and you can keep goldie since you're obviously attached! heh heh (evil grin)

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Haha...Goldfish have such personalities or is that fishinalities?.....

I don't have any water barrels. Also don't know if I want to get back into maintaining a pond. Still thinking about this and where it would go....I know he would like the extra room.

Darn skygee...your on to me. No guppy gifts please! LOL!

Sierra :-)

• pequafrog
    18 years ago

If you lived on Long Island, I'd put him in my pond for ya.

-pf

• skygee
    18 years ago

Very Pretty Tails!!!
    {{gwi:374474}}

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OOOOhh those ones are very pretty! Trying to tempt me are you? haha

I had a line of half black yellows for a few years...Haven't seen any of them in a very long time.

A guppy pond.....LOL!

Sierra

• pequafrog
    18 years ago

Sky...beautiful pictures!

-pf

• woeisme
    18 years ago

Beautiful looking fish and great picture, I nominate you for picture of the month.

• gemstoneminpins
    18 years ago

i love having a pond, and i'm sure the goldfish wouldn't mind being outside. I recently had to uproot my pond to the front yard so my 4 koi and 2 goldfish are living in my 55 gal. until i get the pond put back in. my only downside to it is if you are attached to the fish then its harder to put them outside because i feel its easier to loose one that way. you can't keep constant survelience (sp) on them like you can in an aquarium.

gl with it

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh I've had ponds before.....I just don't know if I really want to get back into it again. If the pond gets put in...it will only be a small preformed one....and the only fish will be Popsicle....although I have heard talk about adding a nice commet or shubunkin....eekkksss.

Did I mention...I don't want a pond! :O

Sierra :-))

• skygee
    18 years ago

Hmm... Popsicle and a comet... may equal PopsiComs... little ones... lotsa and lotsa little ones... which means bigger pond - dug out for real w/ liner... and falls.... which means the preform can then be used for...

GUPPIES!!

hee hee!!! Pretty tails going your way!

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL!!!!

Eeeekkkssss! PopsiComs.....oh noooooooooooo!

PopsiComShu's?

I could always use some new shu's right?

Sierra

A pond with water sprite and guppies? :O

• skygee
    18 years ago

Well...maybe PopsiShus? Or are you interested in KoiShus? heh heh...

{{gwi:374476}}

just admit you really want to dig a pond... so that the preform can be used for guppies. You don't want to be overrun with those water sprites, btw... if you start off with water sprites, you'll be overrun with GNOMES!! OMG!!

{{gwi:374478}}

• sierra_z2b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Koishu's sound pretty....are they the lastest style...shu's with whiskers?

Would that be an aGNOMEally? Shouldn't they have shovels in their hands...

Sierra :-))

Nice pond!!!

• fairy_toadmother
    18 years ago

you "guys" are hilarious!

• njdjs
    18 years ago

Sierra,I had to laugh when I seen your post. I use to live In Jersey about 45 mins from the towers. My dad made a square cement pond and it had a wall that came out of the ground with rocks cemented in it. Was a neat pond. We had turtles that loved to stop by every year. Then dad got goldfish and put into it never thinking what he was going to do with them in the winter. WEll winter came and the poor little fish froze in the ice. I mean frozen solid in the ice. Then the ice melted and the fish unfroze and were fine. We couldn't believe it. Neighbors would come over in winter and look at the goldfish ice and come back in spring and couldn't believe they were still alive. Dad had that pond for years until grandkids arrived then he filled it in with dirt. But it was amazing to watch those fish every year.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH