Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aquarium plants for Betta fish

Posted by imaginators z6 KY (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 05 at 21:38

Well I have noticed my Bettas really likes to lay in a paritcular type of fake plant that I have in my aquarium. I found out that Bettas naturally live in shallow water of Rice Patties. After looking on the internet to see what Rice Patties look like, it explains why my Betta picks that plant. My fake plant looks like a rice patty. It looks like tall grass, and Picazzo the Betta enjoys laying in it. I have other plants with leaves but Picazzo seems to go to that one plant. Well I will probably get another plant of that type so Picazzo will have more comfortable plants to choose from. Learning, sharing as I go and having fun.
Theresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aquarium plants for Betta fish

If you want to grow live plants, you could plant a group of vals. The corkscrew ones are pretty. The pygmy chain sword could also be useful.

Dasheen

o
RE: Aquarium plants for Betta fish

I'm really new at this but I have Java Fern, a valisneria (I think) and what was sold to me as a water wisteria. The water wisteria has a stem with roundish leaves every inch or so (i.e. it isn't grass shaped like the other two) and my betta often seems to sleep 'sitting' on one of the leaves. I read somewhere, maybe here, that bettas were the 'butterflies of the fish world'; he looks rather butterfly-ish perched on a leaf like that. You might get him something shaped like that. From what I see most fish stores have a pretty limited selection of live plants. I'd think live ones would be more comfortable; the plastic ones especially seem like they'd be kind of scratchy to something as small as a fish.

WW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here