Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kieronh

Used aquarium

kieronh
14 years ago

I know there was a thread from '06 but i would like to start a new so i can hopefully get some response.

I am upgrading from a 75 gallon long to a 265 gallon.

I have a baby horn shark.

I just would like to know if there are any specifics i should look for in the quality of the aquarium, i am buying it used from someone who had to take it down to replace the flooring underneath, sounds suspicious enough but the price is right.

I am concerned about leaks, i am going to ask that the tank be filled with water so i can inspect prior to purchase.will this be enough to indicate as to wether there is a leak, i am most worried that if there is a leak it will be on the underside of the tank and may not be visible, the last thing i need is to fill it and wake up to an empty tank and a soaked carpet.

But foremost the opportunity is most appealing, if all goes well i will have a beautiful aquarium for my shark, Yumi.

so not to be rude, but i do not want to hear that i should buy a new aquarium this size as i am getting it at a 3rd of the cost.

I may run into some trouble so thats why i'm here.

i read here to inspect the corners and look for chips

that i will do. but will i be safe if i inspect the tank full?

i have not asked as to how old the tank and if it was bought new, but it seems as though i am buying from an original owner.

on another note, there seems to be some red growth on the end sides of the tank. i will also looks this over as well, but any hint as to what this may be or what may have happened? and if you do, what can i do to get rid of it? FYI , the pictures that reveal this show the tank is empty as well.

and finally, this is glass.

well , thanks for reading!!!

I appreciate all for your consideration

"see you later dudes!"

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?