Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jokyo

My betta

jokyo
14 years ago

He's been doing a very odd mixture of behaviors lately and I can't figure out his issue. First thing's first, he's eating and pooping okay, and he does bubble nest, however he only swims around when me or my roomie are home, moving around near to his tank. Otherwise he just goes up for air on occasion and sits at the bottom of his tank in his lil pagoda. He also lost a lot of color when I first got him and I thought it was due to having constipation, which I fixed. So he's dull and appears to have brown on the edges of his scales starting on his head and the brown disappears halfway (goes in a gradient effect) down towards his tail. I do weekly water changes, and make sure I prepare his water correctly. He has a 3 gallon glass tank that's kind of round in shape that I clean every week when I change the water. I don't have a filter for his tank because of it's shape and I also don't have a heater for it because I keep him upstairs in 74' water. He doesn't get to see anyone during the day.

So is he depressed or is he sick, and if he's sick, what's he got and how can I make him better?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21