Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I raise a female betta and a male betta in a 10gal tank?

Posted by mcgyvr2009i Schenectady, NY 5b (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 12:19

I read this post: Male and Female Betta Together?
and the biggest size concerning betta fish themselves that I found 27 gallons, and even so, it doesn't help me with a 10 gallon tank since it's almost 3 times smaller.
I have a female betta(Gena) and a male betta(Freddy). I used to have them in their own separate tanks. I have Freddy in the 10 gallon tank along with a snail, 4 plastic plants and a ceramic cave. All of the "fish toys" are on one side of the tank. I am saving the other side for a fortress. Once I get that fortress, can I put Gena in with him? I was also thinking about getting some frogs(About 2), shrimp(about 3) and a few snails(I already have 1, so maybe add 2 more). Will this work out or will I be disappointed? I hope to hear from you before Tuesday. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I raise a female betta and a male betta in a 10gal tank?

a 10 gallon tank can hold a lot more than many people think. yes, 2 bettas, the frogs, shrimp and snails should be fine in 10 gallons. if you don't have a filtration system, plan on doing frequent water changes, and be careful of what type of snail...some species can go from 2 to 100 in just over a week.

o
RE: Can I raise a female betta and a male betta in a 10gal tank?

Freddy (Male betta) killed all three frogs I put in with him. :-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here