Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
penn plax cascade extender intake tube

Posted by sherryinmaine 5a (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 17, 09 at 18:07

I give up. I have searched for two days (not all day, you know what I mean) and I cant find a source for cascade 300 penn plax intake tube extender. . . .
got the filter from Kensfish.
Put it on an 80 gal. Intake tube surprisingly short. Many filters I've bought in past come with extra tube. This one doesnt, I guess.
Where to get one? Checked locally too.
I want that baby to extend further down into the tank, not just the first few inches!
thanks,
Sherry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: penn plax cascade extender intake tube

The intake tube is supposed to be telescopic and self extending. At least that is what the advertisement I read says. Is it pulled out all the way? If so, just get a piece of thin wall acrylic tube, also called "Ridgid Tube", usually sold at your LFS that will fit snugly over the intake tube. Cut it to size. If you can't find that go to Home depot or a hardware store that sells flexible vinyl or PVC tubing and do the same thing.

o
RE: penn plax cascade extender intake tube

yes, thanks woeisme, I thought of that too, but didn't have time to go to HD yet (next town over). I will look again at intak e tube. dont think it's telescoping. If it is, then alot of folks are right about what they say about me. . .

(I only use it to clear 'chunks' or lumps out of water a few hours a week. I do partial water changes weekly)
sherry
\

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here