Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cydonia33

need help troubleshooting hang-up power filter

cydonia33
18 years ago

I am soooo frustrated. My husband went away snowboarding for the weekend, so I got the idea that I would set up a new 20 gallon tank in our bedroom as a surprise... I purchased a TopFin 20 gallon starter tank, complete with heater and filter. I set up the tank, then when I plugged in the filter, the water wouldn't go through, so I brought it back and exchanged it for a Whisper filter 20, because I have a 10 gallon tank with a Whisper filter that never failed. I made sure that they tested the filter to see if it worked right in front of me. Satisfied that everything was in working order, I took it home, rinsed it off, and set it up in my new tank. But, alas, when I plugged it in, same deal: the motor was running, but the water wouldn't cycle. I primed both filters, so I know it isn't that. I was thinking that maybe it is because I didn't purchsae an extension for the intake tube, which would bring the tube closer to the gravel. Could this be affecting the filter? Any ideas? My other whisper filter in the 10 gallon has worked perfectly for 5 years now... what is different about this tank now? Does it have something to do with electricity (I am grasping at straws here)? Please help. Anything would be helpful... I am clueless...

Jenny

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES