Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OMG! baby guppy surprise!

Posted by gemstoneminpins (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 06 at 22:07

tonight about 9:30 my moms guppy started having babies... how soon after birth do you need to start feeding the babies? thanks!
Bri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OMG! baby guppy surprise!

Feed them finely crushed flake food or buy fry food. The finely crushed flake food will be fine, though. Don't overfeed. You don't want to try and clean a tank with lots of tiny babies around that may get sucked up by a gravel cleaner.

o

congrats!

o

My female (which was thought to be a boy!)guppy is having babies. She looks to have a pinkish sac of some sort hanging out. Is this part of the birthing process and if so which part??

o

The yolk sac is what is providing them with nourishment. When it is used up, I would supplement with baby livebearer flake food.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here