Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenand22

Betta Fin Rot

jenand22
17 years ago

My poor little Betta has fin rot. I know its because his water hasn't been cleaned out properly (I have a 10 month old baby and unfortunately the fish has been neglected since she showed up). So I'm trying to get back on track so I can help out my little fishy. First off - whats the best, safest way to do a 100% water change? I have been cleaning everything off with hot hot water and wiping the sides of the tank with a paper towel, then using tap water and the stuff you add to the water to take away clorine to fill up the 2.5 aquarium. I have been putting him in a plastic bag with the old water. Then I leave him in the bag in the new tank water to acclimate to the change in temperature. I want to try to treat his fin rot with salt and fresh water every two to three days first, then I'll try something different if that doesn't seem to be helping. Should I take out all of his plants and just leave rocks on the bottom? I also took out the filter because my little fish didn't like how much it made the water move. He always seemed much happier in the calm water. I need to get a heater - what would you recommend getting? Thanks everyone!

Comment (1)

Sponsored