Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherryazure

Clamped dorsal find on Cory... any thoughts please?

sherryazure
18 years ago

I bought four corys (black spots with larger black band around eye cory P...) and knew they were coming from tank that had fungus on fish... none the less, I bought them as I felt badly for them. Fish with fungus were guppies at local store. These four remaining cories 'seemed' ok.

I quarantined them for to short a time - a few days, to really bring ph up, as they seemed more stressed in hospital tank. Went in with guppies I have.

Every body acting fine, but noticed one did not hang out with group. Now he rests a lot on a leaf (anubias) and top fin is clamped down. No other visible signs of anything (so far).

What to do. Not knowing exactly what is wrong, not sure what to do but don't think he is up to par with others. Any help much appreciated.

I know the old salt water treatment is out of question, so not sure what type of prophylaxis might be in order, other then the melefix and primafix I have added to main tank. (haven't removed charcoal so not sure how effective, but would remove fish to own tank)

Thanks Sherry

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus