Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got a yellow Mystery snail for a 20 gallon white cloud tank.

Posted by runsnwalken (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 08 at 15:15

Basically its a reg 20 gallon with 6 white clouds, I plan to add 6 more long fined ones to form a mixed short long fin school of twelve, Today at Petsmart I brought and aided a gold mystery snail to the setup.

Will the White clouds harm it? I know these are very peaceful fish. Also its about as big as a quater or fifty cent peace, how much bigger should it get in the 20 gallon, will I need to upgrade?, I'm trying to have a low stocking level for fish/animal health.

My PH is 7.0, I heard snails like harder water, mine has a slight crack in its shell, is there anything I can do to fix it. Got an Aquarium clip for dark greens and the tank isn't heated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got a yellow Mystery snail for a 20 gallon white cloud tank.

12 white clouds would be fine in a 20gallon and a snail would be a great addition. Mystery snails do tend to go after live plants though, so keep that in mind. I'm not sure if anything needs to be done about the crack in his shell or what you could do, but keeping the pH at 7 or above would be best for his shell health. One of the easiest ways to raise the hardness of your water is to add some crushed coral. It's quite common in african rift tank set-ups... Just a bit mixed into your regular gravel would raise the hardness enough to ensure the health of your snails shell.

The only thing that concerns me would be your water temp. They do best in water that is 78 to 84 degrees, but could probably do ok in mid to low 70's. You may want to re-think this type of snail if your water will be getting into the 60's. Goodluck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here