Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More adventures of 'popsicle'

Posted by sierra_z2b (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 24, 06 at 18:32

Since seed starting has started in our gardening zone...I seem to be spending more time with Sicle. We now have quite a routine that we follow.

First thing in the morning...I go in and turn on the lights for the plants....yes Sicle shares his room with the plants in the spring until they get transplanted in the garden after last frost. He/She doesn't seem to mind though. Although I am surprised! :O

Now I have to tell ya...this fish has developed quite an attitude. The lights comming on..of course wake him/her up. So after about 5 minutes or so....he/she starts swimming around all excited.....now I don't know if its because he/she has company or what.......however if I don't feed when this swimming around starts....I certainly get ummmmm "told" about it and if I'm standing close enough to the tank.....get splashed upon. What a bad fish I have here. Tsk Tsk

He/she swims quickly around the tank...up to the corner where the food is usually dropped in ...then back to the front to check to see what I'm doing or whats taking so long.......then back to the corner for all he's/she's worth....with yup a big splash everytime there is no food there. The splashes get bigger and BIGGER with each passing swim. Geez this fish has attitude. I keep warning him/her if he/she keeps splashing me....I won't feed him/her....but obviously this fish takes nothing I say seriously.

Now whats a fishkeeper to do with such a knotty fish?
Take an umbrella with me or wear a rain suit...hmmmmmm ;-)

Happy Spring everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More adventures of 'popsicle'

love it! guess you don't have to worry about humidity levels for your plants, eh? :)

o

Popsicle wants a pond... so I hope you're still planning!!

He also wants some playmates so he can teach them the tricks of splashing for food.

And then you can use his old home for....

GUPPIES!!!!

o

Hi guys,

The plants do really well in there. The humitidy isn't that bad because the air is so dry here. Ohhhhhhh maybe I should just set the trays right beside the tank ...then I won't have to water them.....haha

Oh is that what he is telling me..he wants a pond..is Sicle a he? Hmmmmmmm

I have been looking for a buddy for him....but haven't been able to find anything that looks healthy and nice yet.

And yes still thinking about a pond....will this give this fish more attitude? Maybe its not a good idea.

Guppies Galore.....hee hee...don't think so....

Sierra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here