Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How was everybody's Sunday?

Posted by PequaFrog z7a/Long Island (nancydrew85@optonline.net) on
Sun, Mar 20, 05 at 19:16

It was kind of rainy here...blah. I wish we could fast forward to the middle of April.

-andy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How was everybody's Sunday?

Funny you should ask. Being such a bad day I took a ride to Aquarium Adventures which you had recommended on a previous post. Wow, great displays and well run. Love to find new places.

o

Fell a sleep watching the tank ... we had mountain weather on Sunday ... cool .. partly cloudy a bit of a breeze .... ahhh.

Good Day ...

o

Hey, I was there on Saturday night, James.
I was helping my brother-in-law pick out his whole setup. He purchased a 180 gallon (their largest stocked tank) with a wood stand and glass hood. He got the mother of all sump filters that will go under the 180. It's actually a 30 gallon tank with different fittings. For lighting he picked out a 72" metal halide strip light with 4 bulbes and luner l.e.d.s. that costs more than my entire setup. It's like $1000! Crazy! But we're putting together his dream tank. Obviously, this will be a salt water setup.
I love spending other peoples money! But you're right, Aquarium Adventures does have beautiful tanks and knowlegable sales folk. I've found them very willing to answer any and all questions. It's a fun place just to bring the kids and browse/dream.

-andy

o

Pretty crappy. I partied too hard on Saturday.. Literally the only thing I got up to do was get up to feed the fishies!

o

Where is this "Aquarium Adventures" ... the only place I remember was "Ed's Tropical Aquariums" ... on Sunrise Hwy.

Good Day ...

o

Well... I kinda did one of those - Oh I have to have that fish and did the bad thing by buying it... looks like my goldfish is gonna have to be expanded in the future!! This is the one I couldn't resist... thought she was the prettiest panda oranda!!

o

Don't feel bad, Sky.
I would've had a hard time walking away from her too!

-andy

o
RE: Hey, how was everybody's Sunday?

Hey Mohave.
I used to work at the Ed's Aquarium in Roosevelt Field, and on occasion work at the one on Sunrise.
Aquarium Adventures is on Glen Cove Rd. in Carle Place. It's just North of the RR Tracks, and I think it's only been there about a year.

-andy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here