Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keithgh

I feed many things not only fish food.

keithgh
19 years ago

My feeding program.

This is always done just after the tank light go on early in the morning

Other than the usual flakes, pellets and algae wafers, & frozen bloodworms three times a week there are many other also foods I use.

I mix and rotate the different types of sinking food each day when I do not feed them with the frozen Blood Worms.

The mixture is always Flakes, sinking pellets, and algae wafers broken up. With the Worms they also get the algae wafers broken up.

The different foods I use are many and varied, never at any specific time or day. All this started not long after viewing WWW.fishprofiles.com I am always willing to try something different. I believe that is the reason why my fish are so healthy as they get a good variety of foods.

Heavy fishing line suspends the pear core & the fish frame. The tomato & the zucchini are held to a flat rock by an elastic band. Two small river pebbles hold down the lettuce leaf.

When feeding with the fish frame, pear core, and the lettuce I do not leave it too long, one hour at the most. I would only feed the fish frame the day before I do my 50 Lt weekly water change.

Once I found a tomato seed that had started to sprout in the internal filter I was using at the time.

Fish all fresh & uncooked

SW fish frame.

Various SW fish mashed

Prawns/Shrimp

Roe FW & SW

Meat

Raw lambs liver mashed very fine about 1/2 tea spoon.

Vegetables Cooked all mashed

Diced

Carrot.

Corn.

Peas.

Beans.

Celery.

Vegetables Raw

Lettuce.

Tomato.

Zucchini.

Fruit.

Pear core

Banana. Small pieces.

I am also a member of

WWW.fishprofiles.com.

Here you can see all about my tank called "Placidity"

Comments (8)

• skygee
    19 years ago

Hmm... are your fish eating a better diet than you are?? ;)

Your fish diets sound really interesting!

• CrisH
    19 years ago

Lucky fish you have there!! Kudos to you for taking the best care of your wet pets!

• james_ny
    19 years ago

Its funny I sometimes feed my fisk raw scallops from the grocery store. Its about 1/5 the price of frozen food made for fish.

• isis_nebthet
    19 years ago

Worms are a good thing to add in if you have predators..I put two red worms in the tank most days along with the bloodworms and krill...

Adrea

• keithgh
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Isis
    Yes worms but, be carefull if they are garden worms as there could be many nasties in the ground and this could be passed onto your fish and kill them.

Keith

• hannah
    19 years ago

I see you haven't mentioned fresh spinach...my fish LOVE it!
    I raise mealworms for my Bluebirds...I feed my fish the very small mealies...they love them as well, plus, I know what the mealies have eaten, so I know they're healthy food. âº

• isis_nebthet
    19 years ago

:) I've got a bed indoors specifically for feeding the fish actually (I live in the desert so you might find two worms per acre). I have a pair of Oxyeleotris marmorata (marbled gobies) and a trio of polypterus senegalus (cuviers or senegal bichirs). The bichirs will try to eat worms the same size they are (and usually succeed).

Adrea

• beebop7
    19 years ago

Hi,
    1st I apologise for kinda changing the topic but the mention of red worms brought back the memory of the FLA Large Mouth Bass I raised for about 1 yr...hubby brought home from a fishing trip and he was about 4" long...We have a clean freshwater lake nearby where we'd get clean water for him and catch minnows for him whenever possible...when we couldn't get minnows I would feed him with the red worms you buy to fish with...He would start dancin like crazy when saw me come into the room and I loved to hold 1 of the worms about 1' above top of tank and he would literally jump out of the tank to take the worm from my hand(sigh)I sure miss that fish..Charlie is what I called him...and NO we did NOT eat him...he grew too large for the 20 gal tank he was in so we released him into a neighbors catfish pond..he may still be there today..again sorry for the long winded story but (sigh again)I sure miss Charlie:)