Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fish_r_cool

My molly is acting odd

fish_r_cool
14 years ago

I have a dalmatian molly and it is acting very strange. I got it about 5 days ago and it always gets stuck on my filter. So I went to let it off today and it just floated down to the bottom, so I thought "okay it's dead" but as I went down to get it with the net, it swam away kind of awkwardly. To me it looks fine, but I hardly know anything about fish. I went back to check on it, and it was in the back corner on it's side, still breathing, so I decided just to get it out and put it down the toilet, but when I went for it, it swam away again, but it's still on the bottom, on its side and it still kind of swims. My fish tank size is 14 gallons; I have proper filtration, and a heater. All of the fish it lives with are compatible with it and each other. I've had the fish tank for a few months now, and regularly test the water levels, and all seems fine. All the other fish seem to be doing fine also. I feed them everyday. I don't know if the molly is dyeing or if it has a disease or what. I'd just like to know what's going on. Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!