Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cynister1

Molly popeye bursting??

cynister1
16 years ago

Anyone had luck with a molly who's popeye is unresponsive to treatment? Meds, water changes, added salt, quarantined... no response. Still very active, feeds normally and swimming around a lot, but fins clamped. Also noteworthy, perhaps, is that she went, literally overnight, from a round-belly (as is characteristic of molly girls) to not-round. But no babies in tank. Weird? As i said, she's still quite active, hides once in a rare while, but otherwise fairly normal (even still being prodded by the males here and there). However, her eye continues to bulge and now there is some pinkish tissue protruding below it. She came to me from an owner who had a tankful of mollies who were not well kept for, fortunately out of many many fish i've only lost one adult and one very small baby HOORAY! Diligent water changes and testing has paid off.

And... my male betta, who has permanent swim-bladder-disorder, has REALLY come to life in the tank with them! He's swimming all about and feeding much more excitedly than before. YAY!

Anyone had luck with a MOLLY whose eye has ruptured? i am so sad and hoping she is not in pain...i feel awful just looking at her.

please send email if you wish to cynister1 ::at:: gmail ::dot:: com

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21