Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shedding Pleco

Posted by Jimmer_in_S_ON 5b Canada (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 05 at 17:05

I have a 5 inch pleco in my 65 gallon tank that I wintered my pond goldfish in........I put half of my fish back into the pond ,and have noticed my pleco is shedding a layer of skin.......is this normal or is there something wrong with my fish? He seems to be fine healthwise (as far as swimming and eating is concerned). thanks in advance for your thoughts

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shedding Pleco

I have had Pleco and never seen them shed.
Theresa

o

is it an overabundance of slime/mucous being formed? Are you sure it's the skin?

o

This is a new one on me.

-andy

o

Sounds like excessive slime like Sky said.

Adrea

o

best site on the web for aquarium advice...

Here is a link that might be useful: aquarium advice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here