Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help 911 angel with wound

Posted by peatpod Z5b Ontario (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 3, 05 at 19:22

I purchased two angels about a month ago .. all went well when I introduced them to the other to mature angels that I had. There was a bit of bullying on the little guys parts but over all they all get along .. several weeks ago my Angel had what looked like "pimples" I treated the tank with Pimafix and it appeared to go away .. I put the carbon back in and did a water change .. now .. two days later this is what my angel looks like after another "pimple" showed up

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

What the heck is it??? I am now treating the tank with Melafix .. HELP I think he will more than likely die but what about the rest of the fish.

Any Help would be appreciated.
Laura

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help 911 angel with wound

• Posted by Minaku z6 Pittsburgh (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 3, 05 at 22:06

I'm no expert with angelfish, but I can tell you Melafix will not do anything except heal fins. Is there any way to get a clearer picture? At this point I can't tell anything - fungus, columnaris, don't know.

o

Could it be a bite mark? My angels used to bite each others eyes.

o

I spoke with some people on the aquaden forum and they feel it is hole in the head .. too late however as he passed away this morning. Thank you for your advise.
Laura

o

I'm sorry about your angel!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here