Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby biOrb

Posted by beth1954 Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 07 at 21:28

I just purchased a Baby biOrb, and I have some questions. Hopefully some of you have one! I searched for "baby biorb" but got no results.

The instructions included with the orb are vague at best. It shows that the rocks that are included with the orb can only go around the filter that is in the middle. But then on the box it shows fake plants and all this stuff that you can't possibly get in there with the few rocks they give you. they are some kind of special "rock" and they say not to use regular aquarium gravel. I tried to put some plastic plants in there, and there are not enough rocks to even hold them down. Does anyone have one of these and do you have some suggestions for me? I will not be putting my fish in there for a couple of days at least. I want to get it all set up and everything, and I'm not having much luck.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby biOrb

I had to do a Google on this, since I had never heard of it. Here's a write up from an online advertisement:

Baby biOrb Aquarium Kits
Baby biOrb has all the features and benefits of the larger biOrb in a more compact size, perfect for small spaces like a desktop. Made from crystal clear acrylic that is 10 times stronger than glass, has low voltage light and air pump, patented filtration and media(gravel), and includes water chemicals, spare light bulb, instruction booklet and food. You just add water and fish! 4 gallon capacity.

The link below shows a picture of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Biorb kit

o

I have the larger Biube, but the theory is the same. You have to have the water acclimate for 2 weeks prior to putting any fish in the tank! Go to www.reef-one.com and click on instructions, they are a lot clearer ther and they will also tell you how many and what type of fish should go in it. The baby biorb is small so don't think of placing lots of fish in it!!! I have 3 female platys and one had babies, over 20 and now I must figure out what to do with them as they grow because i can only have up to 13 of that size fish in this 9 gallon tank!!! Good luck, hope this helps!!!

o

If you get more of the ceramic media that came with your baby biorb then you would be able to hold the plastic plants down. www.thewallaquarium.com has biorb accessories, if you had any questions you could email them probably.

Here is a link that might be useful: biorb & wall mounted aquarium

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here