Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planted tank 6 weeks old

Posted by Clematisintegrifolia Back in NJ zn 6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 05 at 1:11

I tried my hand at a high light co2 fish tank for the first time and I am thrilled with the results.

Here are two pics of the tank.

The first pic was tanken March 31 of this year. The second one was taken yesterday!

As you can see the plants already need pruning. I am loving this tank. The plants are doing great and I love my litte fish and shrimp. My black phantom tetras were even laying eggs yesterday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planted tank 6 weeks old

Gorgeous!!!

o

Wow, what a wonderfully designed tank! Your fish must be wondering what they did to deserve such a great home!

Are the black phantom tetras a community fish?

o

Very nice!!! What size of tank is that?

o

Yes Black Phantom tetras are community fish. They are very feisty with each other but are gorgeous with their litte mock battles and skirmishes. The males have these great big sail fins and get really dark in color and threaten each other and spread their fins really high.

The females do as well.

As long as you have several of them in your tank they focus on each other and don't bother other fish at all. They are the largest fish in my tank and they don't bother anyone else at all.

It is a 20 gallon extra-high. Small footprint for a planted tank so it is not easy to design with the plants but I like the dramatic height of the tank.

o

I am inspired by your tank! Thanks so much for sharing. I just ordered a bunch of aquarium plants the other day and I'm excited to plant them.

Your tank is totally beautiful. :)

o

• Posted by jeffa z6se ma (My Page) on
    Wed, May 25, 05 at 21:58

what is a good site for ordering plants online for aquariams thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here