Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
berniesmom13

Betta Life & LOVE

Berniesmom13
10 years ago

Hello and Happy Spring to you all... I am writing because over 4 years ago, my daughter bought and gave me a male beta who's color's were so vibrant and beautiful.(purple/blue/red). I fed him daily, cleaned his tank (which I bought for him special)weekly & talked to him every chance. He is like my bud ((Some people will read this & Be like ???)) He is in my office at work, the co-workers really enjoyed having him around they'd come in and bend over to say hello, he would always swim up to say hello... It's been over 4 years and up until last week I'd say, he was absolutely fine.. however i noticed his colors becoming a little less vibrant, and his activity level decreased.. This am, i came into to the office and he was laying low on the floor of his "office" tank and breathing, but not active, I attempted to coax him to the top w/ breakfast, which failed.. Now I've sent an office wide e-mail out for everyone to come say goodbye... we lite candles and have a eulogy ongoing. My Bud after OVER 4 YEARS, has succumb to age i suppose.. He's dying as I type this Memorial... BUT I AM FORTUNATE To have had him this long.. He was an awesome friendly/beautiful fish! This I wrote to let you know, they do live past 1-2 years if given the proper care & attention... Today is a sad day for us all...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner