Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strange death of black moore

Posted by amanda1990 (My Page) on
Thu, May 4, 06 at 12:57

my black moore was found this morinig dead i dont no how she died but her colour suddenly changed a cream colour apart from fins and eyes. At first there was a cream patch on her side i though nothing of it as people said black moores colours can change. any 1 no what it was?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strange death of black moore

fungal problem?

o

Moore likely to be Velvet (hehe, a pun), gradual changes do happen in young goldfish, however rapid changes are something to watch out for.

o

Was the skin fuzzy or peeling? If fuzzy, it was probably columnaris and that can kill in the matter of hours. If the skin was peely, that is probably a sign of a huge pH crash. Are there any other fish in the tank?

o

since this is a message board - without a visual, it's pretty hard to deduce anything from your description (as it was when you first posted this).

Goldfish can and do change colours as they mature. But the change in colour could have also been fungal, parasitic, bacterial.

o

the skin was not fizzy or peeling and the other 2 fish in the tank are fine how can i post a pic?

o

?? help

o

you can create an account on photobucket and upload the pics. Then copy and paste the URL here as a link

o

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/amanda199028/02-05-06_1548.jpg

o

does anyone know what was wrong?

o

First of all, how long did you have the fish? Goldfish do require aquarium salt and no heater for the tank. With the picture provided, the goldfish seem to have had a serious disease, but I do not know the name, but I can see that thats one dead fish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here