Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
warning on dwarf puffers

Posted by batboy (My Page) on
Sun, May 29, 05 at 13:08

If any one is thinking about geteing this exteamly cute dwarf puffer make sure your fish can go with it. I baught 2 duarf puffers and 1 duarf thrased my molly agenst the glass. I mean my molly is 15 times it size. and got heart pretty bad. If you get one make sure this is the right fish for you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: warning on dwarf puffers

In my opinion, Dwarf Puffers should be kept solely as specimen fish.

o

I had a friend who got a dwarf puffer because it was cute too. It killed all of her fish in short order. They can be very aggressive....to say the least.

o

Yeah they look cute.......and nasty, besides they arent for freshwater tanks they do better in brackish water, good company for them are scats and monodactylus, they are as mean as puffers are.

o

You bet they're mean! Ever see "Shark Tales"

o

I had a puffer once about 2 inches. I had a 50 gallon tank with other types of fish. They were not much bigger than he was. He was actually quite shy, liked to hide. The other fish were barbs, cichlids. Can't remember what else, this was 10 years ago. I had a crazy mix of fish though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here