Return to the Aquariums Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
snail attack!!!

Posted by tighebettalover (My Page) on
Sat, May 27, 06 at 13:58

Okay, I posted a message about snails a couple weeks ago. I fed those to my bettas, but now I'm overrun. I've been pulling snails out for a week and there is still a ton. I can't redo the tank because my fish just had babies, and I just got finished cycling. I took out the old plants, and I'm buying new ones later today. Help!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: snail attack!!!

I wouldn't recommend new plants until you've got them under control--they'd just eat them. Lower the temperature as much as is healthy for your fish and starve the snails out. Keep the tank dark to discourage algae, and vacuum the gravel often. Remember not to overfeed your fish especially. Snails won't reproduce if their living conditions don't warrant it.

They have pesticides for fish tanks, but that would kill any other invertibrates you're keeping as pets, and I don't know how safe they are for fish in actuality. Might be harmful to your bacteria, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aquariums Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here