Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mysonhasfins

Nick 'tiny angry' is lethargic and not hungry.

mysonhasfins
14 years ago

I have a crowntail betta. I got him christmas eve 2007, and the store said he was about 4 months old, so I've been saying his birthday is August 24th, making him 2 years old this august. He's been fine for the most part. I bought him an Eclipse System 6 tank - 6 gallon, with a heater and filter, decor...the whole fish condo. He eats a mix of betta pellets, freeze dried bloodworms and another variation of a vitamin nutrious pellet. I did go a bit too long this past month in cleaning cycles with his water and noticed he was lethargic and not eating much. I changed his water, keeping about 1/4 of the original water in the tank and put in conditioner. I let the tank get back to 78 degrees before putting him back in. He is more active but still wont eat. He doesn't seem interested. He just seems bored all the time. I just purchased another treat food from petco online - a pellet and worm mix - to see if it would entice him to eat. I do not over feed him. Sometimes I don't feed him for a day, like once a week. But his lack of appetite makes me a bit nervous. How can I get my TinyAngry to eat again?